Bridesmaid at 26 weeks :/

KathyK006

Reaction score
I agreed to be in my brothers wedding in may- I will be 26 weeks with my first child. Anyone ever gone through something similar and could offer some advice? I ordered the dress 3 sizes up, so they always take out fabric if need be. I just really have no idea how big I will be then.

I was a bridesmaid when hacig my first I was 6 months and had a back panel put in my dress I was only small tho.
Try to enjoy it and wear flats. Xx

No advice here. But in in the same position Il be 25 weeks with #2 and im already showing, worst part is dress was ordered last year just before i found out

I'll be 24/25 weeks with my second when I'm bridesmaid for my sil in March. I was measured a month before getting pregnant. Had fitting the other week and as it's lace up its easy enough to make the tummy area bigger. The main problem is how much my boobs have grown! I'm having to have straps put on as otherwise I risk exposing myself!!

I'm sure it will all be fine, are you not able to order the dress a bit closer to time?

Yes I got married at a similar time, think I was 28 weeks. I chose a non maternity dress fitted aroud the bust only. Empire line I think. Worked out fab!

Ps. My bust increased hugely, so I needed a larger size to cover them!!

My sister was 7 months at my wedding, she was pretty big. A few people said they didnt even realize she was pregnant (I guess I picked some flattering dresses). She changed from heels to flats after the ceremony and pictures. 26 weeks isn't much less then what she was

0083.jpg

I attached a picture, you can always ask your brother if he minds. I didn't mind that my sister was, she just looked a little larger from the front, you could only really tell from the side. And that all depends on how much weight you gain, etc. My sister doubled in size, the original dress size was 8, the one she's wearing in the pic is a 16...

I would recommend going in with plenty of time in case they need to order a larger dress, they told my sister 2 weeks before the wedding to be resized, and obviously going from an 8 to a 16 she needed to order an entire new dress...which they had trouble finding so close to the date

I will be 33 weeks pregnant for a wedding in August.... ah! :(

The same thing happen to me 8 yrs ago but I was only like 18 weeks but I was showing so I got the dress a little bigger but it fit very nicely. I have this problem once again but this time I will be about 23 weeks as well. I just got 3 sizes bigger as well.

I've just found out we're 9 weeks, which puts me at 38 for a wedding I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid for, also in August. We had to go tell her yesterday, before anyone else. Thank goodness we haven't picked dresses yet!

I am going to be 24 weeks in my cousins wedding. I normally wear a size 4 and I ordered a size 10. I remember that I had bought a size 10 dress with my first pregnancy around the same time of that pregnancy. So I guessed. I am so worried the dress isn't going to look right on me.

Good thing you ordered a bigger size, it could always be taken in!

Ill be 17 weeks pregnant for MY wedding! If only I was just the bridesmaid lol.

Good luck!

Good thing you ordered a bigger size, it could always be taken in!

Ill be 17 weeks pregnant for MY wedding! If only I was just the bridesmaid lol.

Good luck!

I was 13 weeks at my wedding, wasn't showing at all, in fact had to have my dress taken in 3inches the week before the wedding due to bad morning sickness!

I'm in the same boat! I have my own wedding at 29 weeks June 7th. I got my dress a while ago and I'm worried it won't fit. My friends wedding is July 19th I'll be 36 weeks! I wear a 20/22 and they ordered me a size 30! I think it may be too big but it's better to be safe than sorry. I have no idea what I'm gonna do about my own dress tho. It's a corset back so I'm hoping it'll be easier to work with. Ugh.

Yup, I'll be about 16 weeks at my sister's wedding.

I got the dress in the size that fit me (it was actually a tad big). But I worked with the bridal shop to find a dress style that would be easy to alter. Instead of letting out from the seams, we're going to bring the dress up. Not sure if that makes sense, but as you go down from the bust line, the dress begins to get volume. So we're having the alterations person cut the dress right below the bust line, bring the dress up, and that gives plenty of room for my growing bump (and sadly my hips have gone up like 1/2 inch). Its not a super flowy dress, but not fitted either. So this type of alteration works great!

And I'm going in 3" heels with a 1" platform. My feet can't take heels for extended periods of time right now.

I have my final fitting this Thursday, and then that leaves time for any emergency alterations at the end of next week. :)

You'll be fine. :)

And people have been asking me if I'm showing yet. Yes, yes I am. lol This picture is from almost two weeks ago.
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/3-13weekbumpshot_zpsee7556bc.jpg

I've just found out we're 9 weeks, which puts me at 38 for a wedding I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid for, also in August. We had to go tell her yesterday, before anyone else. Thank goodness we haven't picked dresses yet!

We picked dresses but she told me a few weeks ago that she was still looking around. She knows we were trying... I'm about to tell her.

i am a bridesmaid 2 days after my due date in june!

I'll be 30 weeks at my wedding in June, eeekkk luckily I havnt bought my dress yet as I wa waiting to lose my baby weight from ds (4minth old) so now I'll need to keep an eye out for how big I get this time lol xxx

Well, I take that back- the bride moved her wedding to May, 2015! :) I am trying to keep the secret from a lot of people until we go to the doctor for the first time BUT I had to tell Katie in case she was ordering dresses or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->