bridesmaid at 7 months

lewster

Reaction score
hi, i need some opinions from ladies who are around 7/8 months. My best friend is getting married in May (ill be a heavy 7 months) and she wants me to be bridesmaid.
Firstly my concern is will i be able to manage all day standing up, i also worry that my friend will keep worrying about me and also (slightly vain reason) i dont know if i want my big bump in her wedding photos.
I really dont know what to do and advice or opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks

I don't have any advice, sorry, but I feel you. Will she have any other bridesmaids? Just asking because she should also think of her hen night. Does she really want a heavily pregnant girl organising that? Don't know if that would be fun for either of you! :wacko:

Will you have be able to help pick out the dress you're wearing as well? Good luck, and don't worry about the bump being in pictures. Seven months, the bump still looks small and pretty.

Don't have any advice but I'm gonna be 8 months pregnant at my friends wedding, luckily not a bridesmaid but I still feel bad for being the fatty in her wedding photos. I hope you two can come to some agreement, talk it out with her :) x

i understand how u feel, but i really dont think that being pregnant in a photo ruins the photos! Im sure you will find something really nice to wear and ull probably end up enjoying it, i would do it. my friend had a very very pregnant bridesmaid and she looked lovely. I agree you cant stand all day so maybe you can talk that out in terms of how long you would need to stand for and also wear comfy shoes that would go with your outfit.

thanks for your replies, ill be 5 months for the hen weekend so thats ok. Ill have a talk with her, there were going to be 4 bridesmaids, all adults, so i wont feel like im letting her down numbers wise.
Im happy to go to the wedding just not sure about the bridesmaids duties. Oh well it'll all sort out!

it would be a shame to not be bridesmaid just because you are pregnant. it is your bestfriends day and in my opinion if she wants you to be a bridesmaid then i think that will be amazing.
You won't have to stand up for long, just down the aisle and then you can sit down for most of the day, apart from a few photos etc, which you can just be in as many as you feel up to.
It will also be really nice to have some lovely photos of you looking beautiful with your bump, you can show baby them in years to come. I'm sure your best friend will find a lovely dress that will accomodate bump and it will be a fantastic day.
Plus if you don't be bridesmaid you may regret it??
xx hope you manage to make a decision xx

Hi

I was 6/7 months PG when I got married. I'd steer clear of heels or have some flatties that you can change into later.

Will you have to wear traditional bridesmaid dress or will you be able to wear a maternity dress? Sounds grim but you will be way more comfortable on the day. I can recommend a good site if you get to influence the decision!

TBH I was totally beat by 6pm and was kicking people out so that I could go to bed so it'd be worth seeing if there's somewhere you can get your head down for a kip during the day.

I'd definitely do it, you can hide a bit with a few other bridesmaids about.

Hope that helps.

Helen

xx

shes being really nice and letting me have a say in the dress so a recommended website would be great thanks.
I think its the length of the day thats worrying me. She lives just over an hour from me so id be sleeping on the sofa bed at hers the night before. Then after the wedding (midnight or whatever) ive got to drive my husband, mum and dad back home, so another hour driving.
As we wont be staying at the hotel i wont have a room to go and lie down in. Maybe im just being a sap! :wacko:

I think it would be stupid not to be a bridesmaid because you're pregnant.. it's not like you ate all the pies and are as big as a house, you have a little baby inside of you.. it's a beautiful thing. Don't be embarrassed, im sure she wouldn't ask you if it bothered her??

https://www.isabellaoliver.com/maternity-clothes/maternity-dresses/D/30000/P/2:100:1020

Here you go. Don't know if you've come across this site before but I got the dress I wore for my wedding from here. Their stuff is a bit pricey (what bridesmaid's dress isn't?) but it's really nice stuff.

P.S. I'd seriously think about staying over if you can stretch to it or getting someone else to drive you home. I know I was slightly different cos there were 2 babies fighting for space in me, but I don't think I was particularly unusual feeling tired at 7 months pregnant especially after a long day like that.

Good idea about the staying over. I was a bridesmaid at just over 3 months pregnant and it was an all day affair. At the end of the night, I was the only 1 sober and so drove the mother and father-of-the-bride and my husband. It was only a 20 minute drive, but I was so tired, I almost felt drunk!

I would def go for it! You may regret not being in your friends wedding a few years from now, and I wouldn't let just being pregnant stop you.
Like others said, you just need to stand for the ceremony and a few pictures, the rest of the day you can sit and noone is going to say anything to you for sitting because your preggo! :D
I agree you should have a big say in the dress, unless she gets it fitted for you, and the shoes.
Anyway, good luck with the decision! :hugs:

I just wanted to let you know that when I got married one of my SILs was a bridesmaid and was about 6.5 months pg. As everyone got to pick their dress (and we got them all made, just had to be the same material) she was able to pick a dress that really flattered her. And as for the long day, she was actually fine until later in the evening when I have a picture of her sleeping on a couch in the lobby of the club we are at for the reception! :rofl: As most of our pics were of just us on the day, she was able to sit for most of them an relax, and no one minded. She was concerned about the pics, but really, only in a few of them can you tell she's pg (good dress, good photographer). I think if she's ok with it, and so are you, go and enjoy yourself!

As for the stagette/hen's night, this was mine - 6 of us, 4 pg! :shock: and the only other one not pg a real light weight. So needless to say it was an early night, with the 4 pg women handing home and the other non-pg person and I sitting up in a hotel room drinking...then she passed out and I sat and watched TV and had another drink or two by myself...:rofl: It was nice, just was pretty funny to have 4 out of 6 people there pg and unable to drink!

Thanks for all your comments, sometimes you need others to make things clear for you.
Ive spoken to my friend and its going ahead, ive also booked a room at the hotel so i feel alot better about it all.
Thanks once again :happydance:

At my cousins wedding last Spetember one of the bridesmaids was 7 months pregnant. She didn't ruin any photos. The two bridesmaids wore different styled dresses and hers was quite flattering.
It was an outdoor wedding on the first day of spring in probably one of the hottest provinces of SA so halfway through the ceremony she went pale and someone had to rush to get a chair for her. But other than that all went fine.

I got married last year February and I asked my one friend at the time to be a bridesmaid. All went well for a while there after. My mom made all the dresses. (well everything actually) Only AFTER my mom had made this bridesmaids dress did my friend decide to announce she was pregnant. And that she'd been trying for months. She would've been 6 months at the wedding. (She announced it at about 3 months) There was no time to redo the dress since my mom was up to her ears in work already. So I had to drop her.
That annoyed her husband and we no longer talk to them because of his attitude about it. (He's a limelight hogger) My only problem was the lack of consideration towards my mom.

I've been asked to be a bridesmaid at my sister-in-law's wedding next month. Luckily I'll only be 12 weeks by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->