Brief 167 hmm on a doppler. Is it a baby?

lazymum

Reaction score
I think a am about 9 weeks. I got Sonoline B yesterday but could not get anything for about 45 min or something. The highest reading I got was 146 which is probably the blood flow in my uterus. Even my own heartbeat I can only get for a second and than it is gone. I am trying to be slow but it all appears just momentarily. Today I had about 15 min free ( hurray:)) and gave it another go. I put much more gel today and could briefly for a second or two get 167 reading and than it went to 157 and than disappeared. Was it a baby? I guess only baby heart can get such a high reading. Or is it just a machine gives me some random high reading?
I know I am way early for a doppler but could not resist….

I'm not sure I know we can't hear our own or our uterus I don't know if it's too early for a home Doppler I do know a lot of women have this problem until they are further.

Completely ignore the read out. With my children I could find them at 9 weeks and hear them clearly but quietly. It took until mid second trimester or more for the numbers to register. You can get a high reading just from wiggling the doppler about a bit.

Yeah, but I was "wriggling" my doppler for much longer and never got even close to today reading…May be you are right…I just want to believe this was my baby:)

You very possibly did, but there are so many loud noises in that area it can be difficult to define which one you want. I tend not to use the screen until I've homed in on the right sound. Some of my bowel sounds give off readings on the screen of 150+!!
I would advise looking on YouTube for some tutorials on using a Doppler in week 9. Then you can find the sound that you are looking for. There is no other sound like it. I find my own heartbeat in multiple places and then I will find the placenta whooshing sound and bowel sounds too. But baby is like nothing else. Horse galloping or train is the best way to describe baby's heartbeat.

This is the thing all of this tutorials show people listening for ages for various sounds. For me the only consistent sound is the swooshing sound. I don't think I heard any heartbeat, may be sometime on the background but for a second or so. The only thing that is changing is flickering heart symbol and numbers on the screen. I brief, my stomach goes up and down I guess this is enough for the probe to be unsteady. I am very slim but probably the baby is so small that even a slightest movement looses him. I had another go for 15 min or so and briefly caught beating at 157 and I don't thing it is bowels as the heart symbol dose not show up with just any sound. I tried moving probe very quickly but the digits never go more than 120. With swotting sound it only come to 140. So I guess 167 that I saw was a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->