Bright hair dye....

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
just wondering if any of you done ur hair super bright colours and which hair dye would you recommend?

i have it done using lloreal in the hair dressers to bright red...but want some thing to keep it fresh in between visits.

was looking at crazy colour, Directions, Manic Panic, Stargazer, fudge...any ideas?

my red is pretty bright especially if you have light hair (i have dark but once i got presuaded to dye it blonde then red)

https://www.superdrug.com/schwarzko...ed-passion-r43/invt/113719&bklist=#readReview

and my oh uses

https://www.superdrug.com/schwarzko...intense-mystic-violet-v87/invt/113638&bklist=

I always used to use directions. My hair was bleached underneath and it went super bright but it wouldn't do so if it hadn't been bleached.

I use the red above that pp also uses. I love it. Only thing is I realised after the first time, no matter how much I wiped it from my hair line I still had a red ring lol, so now I put Vaseline there first!

I just got the Schwarzkopf one in a violet colour today. A friend recommended it, she said it was brilliant.

i've had bright red, pink, blue, green etc. i find fudge paintbox is really good for going bright. anything like fudge or manic panic def needs a bleach or two beforehand to be super bright, but they def work as touch ups between professional colours. they wash out everytime you wash your hair though! so be prepared to clean the shower down afterwards hahaha.

my hair is already pillar box - I got it bleached over a year ago and they top it up every 8 weeks. Im just looking for something to keep it red for more the 3 weeks as i cant keep affording to go hairdresser each time.

I cant use the Schwarzkopf one as it got amonia in it and it messes up the dye that i already got on - and cost me a fortune when i go back to the hairdressers to sort it out.

might have to buy a few pots of directions and see how that does.

Thanks for the help ladies.

Directions would get my vote.

I used Crazy Color Fire when I went red but boy that stuff stains everything. But I used to buy in bulk so it was a little cheaper.

Defo not XXl though - probably the fastest fading colour ever and a waste of money

I used XXL for the first time just over 3 weeks ago and it's definately faded very quickly. Although I guess I'm lucky in that I prefer the faded colour. I felt a bit self conscious with it so bright (plus I had my mum doing the whole 'it doesn't look natural you know' crap!)

I used to use garnier morello cherry colour but thinking about it that faded really fast too. I usually dye my hair every 6 weeks or so. I'm going to a wedding in 2 weeks though so debating which colour to use before I go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->