Bright Red Bleeding at Eight Weeks

babydrama

Reaction score
Hello. Tomorrow I will be eight weeks pregnant, and last night I had a sudden burst of bright red blood. It was more than just spotting, but it started and stopped suddenly. I got a little bit of brown discharge after that, and now there's nothing.

I'm really scared. I have only been pregnant once before, and that ended in miscarriage just shy of six weeks. I have already called my doctor, but they can't get me in until tomorrow. Anyone here have any insight? Also, I took a home pregnancy test last night, and the pregnancy line was really dark--darker than the control. This morning, though, I took two home pregnancy tests, and the pregnancy line, while still there, was lighter than the control line. They were all Wondfo tests.

Also, I haven't really had many pregnancy symptoms. My breasts have been a little sore, but nothing too bad. I've felt very tired, and I had one day of nausea, but that's it. I'm really scared I'm miscarrying. Thanks for any insights.

Bleeding is never what you want to see but it is not always the worst. Lots of women have bleeding and still have a good outcome.

As for the tests even if it is a MC I wouldnt expect such a big difference in hormones overnight especially once you get to 8 weeks. It took mine weeks to come down and it was very slow. Sometimes there is a quick drop after the baby has passed but as long as it is still inside your body is usually very slow in letting go. I'm thinking its more likely that it is from your urine being more dilluted or the strips varying in sensitivity.

If you didnt have many symptoms from the start I would try not to worry (I know its easier said than done) lots of women don't have many pregnancy symptoms despite healhy pregnancies. With my loss at 10 weeks I did have a sudden drop in symptoms but l had pretty bad sickness before that so symptoms dont always mean much.

How scary for you. :flower:
Could possibly be an sch-mine started like that. I jut had a huge gush of red blood out of nowhere at 13 weeks. It's a clot of blood that forms near baby and can cause bleeding.

Can you get an emergency scan somewhere? X

Bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage

I had 3 sch on my 13 week ultrasound with DD. It never caused external bleeding because the blood was contained and evetually my body absorbed it, but the doctor said it could. The rest of the pregnancy went fine.

Hey, i havent experienced red bleeding, but have had spotting at 6.5 weeks. Its so hard not to worry- but i was wondering- is this maybe the time your period would have been due? if so, it might be a bit of breakthrough bleeding? some woman do get that.

dont worry about lack of symptoms, i hardly have any and i have a baby with a beating heart inside me x

Like others have said it could be sch. I had what it felt like a massive gush of blood when I was 11 weeks pregnant. I honestly thought the worst. I have had 3 previous mc. I phoned my midwife and she booked me in for a scan the next day. Try and stay postive.i know it's hard. Xx

Thanks for your words of encouragement and support, everyone. I'm really hoping that it's only an sch or maybe breakthrough bleeding (yes, this is right about when my period would come), but having miscarried my only other pregnancy, it is really hard to not think the worst. It would be so nice if I could just get in right away and hopefully have some answers . . .

Hi, I can't be of much help with the bleeding, but many women on here continue to have a successful pregnancy despite bleeding and I hope your appointment goes well.
With regards to the lighter hpt, you may have experienced the variant hook effect with your fmu as it was too strong for the test. If you have another light line with concentrated urine, dilute the urine half half with water and test again - if it's the hook effect the line from the diluted urine should be darker again. I wouldn't expect such an obvious difference in line strength overnight at 8 weeks due to anything bad, so I do suspect the hook effect.

Keep us updated and big hugs :hugs: xxxxx

Good point about the hook effect, that is quite possible.

Yes at about 11 weeks this happened very similar to you a huge gush of bright red a lot more than spotting I was filling pads rather quickly, I raced to A&E and of course by then it had stopped they did scan me and all was fine, we were away at the time so it was left at that but a few days later at my 12 week scan she said she could she where I had bled from a sch and she said to possibly expect a bit more bleeding as baby grows and it gets pushed along but it will be absorbed eventually, I hope all goes well for you :hugs:

How are you now? Good luck with the doctor appointment today.

Thanks for your words of encouragement, ladies! I so appreciate them. You guys were right--it was a sch. They saw it on the ultrasound. The best news, though, is that baby is measuring right at eight weeks, and its heartbeat is 166/bpm. I was so relieved I almost cried. You guys did a lot to calm me, and I can't thank you enough. I had never heard of sch before you guys mentioned it on this forum, and hearing that it was a possibility really calmed me down. The doctor said that most schs go away and don't cause serious problems, and she said I had every reason to be hopeful. Thank you SO much!

So glad baby is doing well! :) I hadn't heard of them until I had one either.

Such good news! Docs seem to give different advice but I was told to take it easy and not do any lifting etc for a few weeks. I was told it should heal in 6 weeks which it did.

Such good news! Docs seem to give different advice but I was told to take it easy and not do any lifting etc for a few weeks. I was told it should beal in 6 weeks which it did.

Absolutely agree with the no heavy lifting. No one told me to do anything special, and I ended up with another big gush bleed from carrying my toddler. I definitely advise pelvic rest, no heavy lifting and taking it easy whilst you bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->