Bright red flow CD 21 after Clomid & Prometrium

mominmo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I feel like have nowhere to turn for support and advice right now.

A little background.. my husband and I are both 35 and TTC. I have 15 and 13 year old daughters from previous marriage. Currently getting treatment with an RE. Started 100 mg Clomid CD 3-7, estradiol CD 8-12. HSG CD 11 showed partially blocked left tube, fully clear right tube. SA showed husband's swimmers are totally fine.

Sonogram CD 12 showed 33.5 & 16.8 mm follicles on left side and 2 12 mm ones on right side. Did not do hCG shot as follicles were on blocked side. We BD on CD 12, 13, 14. I started to feel a severe cramp morning of CD 15, similar to pain I've experienced that later turned out to be an extremely large cyst that later burst. Pain lasted through evening of CD 16. Called dr CD 16, told to not worry, likely ovulation pains. Started spotting brown last night, CD 20. Turned into full on bright red flow today, D 21, though only enough for a panty liner being changed every couple hours. Called dr, told it was likely the big follicle was actually a cyst, which burst and is resolving itself, and not to worry.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of bleeding/spotting while taking clomid? I thought I was ok with knowing we probably wouldn't get pregnant this cycle, with nothing really going on on the open side. But now I don't know what to think. Having this flow on day 21 wasn't something I had thought about. After trying for over a year (which unfortunately was also the time my body decided to stop having regular periods) I feel so exhausted from dealing with things I had never even thought were possibilities.

Thank you to anyone who can offer any advice :)

I would agree that the big follicle was most likely a cyst. With a clomid cycle, it has been my experience that anything over about 27 is going to be a cyst and not a follicle. The bleeding was probably the cyst. That being said, both burst cysts and clomid ovulation can be extremely painful!

I hate to say it, but this isn't too unusual for clomid and injectables. There is some trial and error in there and it may take a few months to figure out how your body is going to react. Keep trying. Take a break every so often from treatments if you need to. It sucks to miss a month, but sometimes you need a break to regroup :)

Update... flow continuing through today. Had sonogram today that showed the lining was back down to normal thickness, and nothing weird going on with my ovaries. No cyst. Yay :) Dr said the flow has been a period, likely ovulated earlier than we thought. Yay! Prescribed letrozole starting tonight. So somehow my body actually started a period on its own, which hasn't happened for almost a year! And we can try again this month. I'm relieved and hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->