Bringing baby home

pennysbored

Reaction score
Is it normal to feel this paranoid? I'm rooming in at the hospital tonight, so if all goes well (and it will) then Betty will be home tomorrow.
BUT now I'm nervous about getting her here out of such a controlled environment, and all the support.
ARRRGHHH!
Such a mixed bag of emotions...

am sure its just normal hun, well the nurses say that alot of parents feel that way, wouldnt know yet, my wee one still in hospital and will be until the summer atleast and am sure i will feel the same as you.

Just remember that betty wouldnt be coming home if she wasnt ready and just try and do things the way you would if she had been term etc. Know its hard though. You'll do great am sure and enjoy!! xxx

hiya,

We spent the night in a room at the Hospital with our little one just before she came home and that was bad enough. We were so paranoid the first few nights of having her home, we kept checking her all night long, just to make sure she was still breathing .
It was really scary not being in an environment without nurses and monitors but you will quickly get used to it. we were probably very nervous for the first week, especially as she only came off oxygen about 5 days before coming home.

Just remember that what you are feeling is totally normal and experienced by every parent of a premmie coming home. But it will be great having her home .
We wish you all the best, just hope you get more sleep than we did

:hug: Hope everything goes well for you. I can't even imagine how you must feel, but I'm sure it'll be wonderful to have your little girl at home :hugs: x

:hugs: wishing you both so so much luck with your little girl x x x

SOOOOO!
We roomed in last night, I actually slept for a chunk of it.
Her dad was there to help of course, definitely made a difference. Its weird how normal she seems, now that she is off the monitors and such. The nurses weren't kidding when they said she'd turn a corner super duper fast...

That's fantastic news! Glad you managed to get some sleep too! :D x

Aw brilliant news! Glad to hear you got some sleep - that's great!

It's mad when they go from being in an incubator to being in an open cot - wire/tube free isn't it! When Anna first came home I was so anxious about a lot of things... I kept having to wake her up, for one; I had grown toward the beeping machines, they had somehow become a comfort to me in the nights I spent awake by Anna's incubator side... And when we came home it was a bit of a shock that I could no longer listen to those beeps to know she was okay, and have her pulse on the screen for me to see! :dohh: It was so scary!

But you get there eventually... It will need some adjusting, but you will be just fine :) :hugs:

:hug:

I know totally what you mean. We were the same when bringing Poppy home. I roomed in for 2 nights with her but husband wasn't allowed to stay so I was SO scared knowing I had to look after her on my own!! Bringing her home was so exciting but also so nerve wracking but it was so amazing having her back we soon forgot about being scared. xx:hug:

It's completely normal hun, I was scared to death bringing my son home after he was released from the NICU! He was still so small and so petite and fragile but we managed fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->