Broken bum..

Floralaura

Reaction score
I fell down the stairs Mon night, about 1/2 way. Since then my bum..well the coccyx (?) bit is really painful. I am ok standing/not moving but to sit I have to sit to the side, then getting up from sitting hurts, picking LO up hurts and getting up the stairs too. It seems to have got more painful the past 24hrs..but still cope-able.
Am I meant to have gone A&E/DR about this, my Mum seems to think I need a x-ray to see if I have broken or fractured a bone..however I dont agree as surely they dont plaster cast your bum if you have? lol. So has anyone done this before and what did you do if so?

I fractured my coccyx giving birth. Not a clue how but that was 17 weeks ago and it's still really painful. I've had an X-ray which confirmed its fractured. The doctor can't do much apart from give me strong painkillers. I'm on cocodamol 30/500 and he also gave me tramadol but they don't work. I try to avoid the painkillers unless I'm in absolute agony. The doctor is also going to refer me for physio if its still not healed in a few weeks but I don't really know how they are going to perform physio on a coccyx :/

Hi, I did exactly the same thing 2 years ago, I went to the Dr but apart from providing you with pain relief, I had codeine, there's nothing that the can do for it.
I found sitting on one of those horseshoe shaped cushions that people put round their necks on flights with the cut out part under my coccyx the only way I could sit down and lying on my side in bed and not on my back! The Dr suggested one of the hemmariod cushions if you can't get a neck one.
Unfortunately the Dr told me it would be a good 6 months to a year before it was fully pain free and comfortable to sit down properly and he was right!!
I really hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->