Broken claw

sammiwry

Single mummy to Madden <3
Reaction score
Was walking my boxer puppy on Tuesday and when we got in noticed blood on her paw, managed to get her to let me have a look and she's broken her claw. After about 30 mins of patience she let me clean it up and there doesn't seem to be any other problems with it other than the missing bit of nail. Wednesday it stayed all clotted up and yesterday she went outside to have some fun in the snow, came back in and it was bleeding again, wouldn't let me clean it up but she cleaned it herself. She's had a mad 5 mins again this morning and again it's bleeding :-( is there anything I can do from home to stop it keep bleeding or do I call it quits and take her to the vets? She's not lame on it.

The thing you need to watch out for is infection, if it ebcomes infected you'll be looking at a hefty vet bill.

When mine split there claws like this I fill a tub or bucket with 'Hot' salt water (as hot as the dog can take it) and soak their paw in it for 10 mins a few times a day. This will draw out any dirt and help keep it free from infection.

Also I would keep it covered everytime she is out, you just need to cover it with a plastic bag or something similar and tape it all the way around so she can't pull it off.

Sorry no advice but poor puppy, that must hurt x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->