broken coccyx :/

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
has anyone else broken their coccyx giving birth? My son will be 3 weeks old on Thursday and I am in agony and unable to sit down properly. I have spoken to my midwife and she said that nothing can be done apart from me take anti inflammatories & painkillers and wait for it to heal which can take upto 8 weeks.

Just wandering if other people in similar situations have been given the same advice?

has anyone else broken their coccyx giving birth? My son will be 3 weeks old on Thursday and I am in agony and unable to sit down properly. I have spoken to my midwife and she said that nothing can be done apart from me take anti inflammatories & painkillers and wait for it to heal which can take upto 8 weeks.

Just wandering if other people in similar situations have been given the same advice?

Hi there,

Not the same, but I broke mine falling off a ladder down the stairs. It bloody hurts like hell so I sympathise with you.

The information is right, there is nothing that you can do and it does heal in time, but it will take a while. Mine took around 8 weeks to get to a point where it wasn't hurting to sit etc.

You can get a doughnut pillow with a hole in the middle to ease the pressure that is felt when you sit down, aside from that it is pain killers and anti inflammatory tablets.

:hugs:

Xx

Hi there,

Not the same, but I broke mine falling off a ladder down the stairs. It bloody hurts like hell so I sympathise with you.

The information is right, there is nothing that you can do and it does heal in time, but it will take a while. Mine took around 8 weeks to get to a point where it wasn't hurting to sit etc.

You can get a doughnut pillow with a hole in the middle to ease the pressure that is felt when you sit down, aside from that it is pain killers and anti inflammatory tablets.

Xx

Thank you for your reply. Ouch! I bet you was in agony! I fell backwards roller skating a couple of years ago and landed on my coccyx then but I don't think it was broken. My midwife did mention some physio but I really don't understand how the would give physio on a tailbone :/ do you have any idea where I can get hold of a doughnut pillow? I'm currently managing by sitting on a slant but keep ending up with a numb bum cheek lol! xx

Hi there,

Xx

Thank you for your reply. Ouch! I bet you was in agony! I fell backwards roller skating a couple of years ago and landed on my coccyx then but I don't think it was broken. My midwife did mention some physio but I really don't understand how the would give physio on a tailbone :/ do you have any idea where I can get hold of a doughnut pillow? I'm currently managing by sitting on a slant but keep ending up with a numb bum cheek lol! xx

Mothercare do a post pregnancy pillow which looks like the same thing

https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Post-Birth-Comfort-Cushion/354884,default,pd.html

I have no idea either about the physio, unless its to build strength but it will hurrrrrrt for a while yet. Good luck :flower:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->