Broken leg

curlykate

Devin's Mommy
Reaction score
Thursday night I was carrying my LO downstairs to put him to bed, when I missed a step, twisted my leg, and broke it into several pieces. Thankfully LO is okay, they figure the reason I broke my leg so badly is because I was trying to save him.
Anyways, I'm in the hospital now. They had to do surgery to fix the break, and insert rods into my leg to hold the bones together while they heal.
I have to be off it completely for 6 weeks, and then have the cast on for an additional 6 weeks, so for a total of 12 weeks at the very least.
They're sending me home today, because I don't need the heavy duty pain meds anymore (just on Tylenol), and I've mastered walking on crutches.
I'm just not looking forward to the next few weeks. OH is trying to get a few weeks off of work, but if that's not possible, then MIL will practically be moving in to help take care of LO as I can't do it on my own. This is stressing me out, as MIL drives me INSANE.
I'm missing my little boy like crazy right now. Thursday after it happened, I only got to see him for a second as the paramedics put me into the ambulance. I was transferred to another hospital, and OH has brought LO to see me twice, but they were short visits, and I couldn't really hold him because I was in so much pain. I just can't wait to get home and snuggle with my little man!

Sorry, this is just a jumble of thoughts. I'm just trying to get everything down, and my thoughts are just all over the place right now.

Anyone else in a similar situation, now or in the past? How did you get through it?

I fractured my ankle coming down the stairs with LO too! So sorry this had happened hun. and it sounds like an awful break.
I was lucky and only had a small fracture. I had to wear an air cast for a few weeks and needed crutches. I couldn't do much.
It was a nightmare to begin with not being able to care for LO but i gradually could do more and more. i was hobbling about on my ankle without crutches after a while so then the only issue was going up and down stairs.
hope it heals quickly hun
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"