broken tooth-help!!

jillypoop

Mummy of one
Reaction score
Hi :)

Looking for some advice really.

I was at an NHS Dentist until I was about 17 when they went private. As I was a child in fulltime education I was still covered under the private dentists but in between then and now I havent got round to sorting out a dentists.

I know its stupid but it was just something I needed to get round to but hadnt.

I have always had sensitive teeth and didnt think anything of it when I had some pain when having hot drinks/ice cream etc recently.

Earlier on, I was having chicken dippers with roast potatoes and gravy (the OH's idea of a roast dinner.....) and all of a sudden my mouth felt weird. I looked in the mirror and literally half of a tooth is missing. I dont know how it happened. Its really jaggedy and annoying but not too sore at the moment. As I dont have a dentist at the moment and didnt know what to do so I rang my mum! She told me to ring Dentists direct or something similar and have now got an appointment on wednesday morning at 9am.

Now I'm not sure what to do. Its starting to ache a bit but can't stop fiddling around with it with my tongue!! Its soooo annoying!!

Just wondering really whether anyone else has been in this position and what they did about it?

thanks and hope you had a good xmas!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I chipped a tooth quite a few years ago and the dentist will most likely just re-cap it like he did with mine. Just take something for the pain until Wednesday, then the dentist can sort it. x

okay, thanks :) its just soooo annoying! cant stop fiddling with it with my tongue.
This is gonna be a completely idiotic question but how do I brush my teeth? Do I just brush around it?

xxx

Just brush over it, lol. It wont damage the tooth any more :) IMO anyway, lol. x

This happened me a couple of weeks ago! I was eating an alpen bar, and got a really crunchy bit....... I thought thats strange, and looked in the mirror and cried!!! Cuz its a tooth near the front!! And theres hardly any left! Theres a temp crown on it now, it will be made permanent in jan.

aw okay. Am going in the morning to an emergency dentist but there's literally no NHS dentist spaces in my city and the nearest one apparently is in a town about half an hour away which will probably cost £10 approx to get to there and would take a full day as opposed to during my lunch hour. Cant afford to go privately but need to get my teeth sorted. My high sugar diet has started taking effect I think. I brush my teeth twice a day with my fancy oral b toothbrush but apparently that isnt good enough lol.

Its just one of those things that I have needed to sort out but haven't got round to it and its bit me in the bum this time!!

xxx

I had a piece of my tooth break off a few days ago. =( I can't afford to see a dentist right now as the work would cost around 3,000 to repair. We have temp patch kits here at our pharmacy- maybe you could try that until you can see a dentist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->