Broody and considering!!

toothfairy29

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I just wanted your opinions on my situation.

I am 38, my OH is 39. I have 2 children age 13 and 15, he has a 16 year old from previous relationships. We have been together for 8 years and are getting married next month!

Throughout our relationship we have always joked about having a baby together but not really been serious. But over the last year or 2 as my kids become more independant I am becoming more and more broody. He is also! We have said that we will make a decision one way or another after the wedding.

My worries are my age and that my kids are almost grown up. I am worried that I am too old to be thinking about more children and that our kids will think it's weird if we have another!

To complicate things more I have just found out I have PCOS which I gather can affect fertility. The thought of being told I can't have any more children is really uspetting as is the thought that I will just run out of time and it won't be an option for us anymore. But I am not sure I can go through lots of fertility treatments and stresses that that brings.

Just having a bit of a rant at this stage and wondered if any of you had the same thoughts??

Many thanks! x

The fact that the thought of being told you can't have more children is upsetting you so much tells me this is something you really want. Go for it! You can decide as you go whether or not you can handle fertility treatments.

You have answered your own question with saying the thought of not being able to have any upsets you so give it a try.

Nothing ventured nothing gained and you may find you get your BFP without help.

Sorry I know nothing about PCOS

You're definitely not too old, unless you FEEL too old. I'm 37 and my DH is 44 and we are trying to have our first. Obviously you are at a different phase having already gone through all the ups and downs already. As for how your children feel about it, why not ask them?

I'm 36 and have a DD 15 and a DS 13, we always wanted more but it just never happened...timing etc. I guess we look at it as we'd love to have a little one in the house again..the more the merrier..if you think you'll regret not trying then I guess that's your answer. Best of luck!!

Hello ladies

I just wanted your opinions on my situation.

I am 38, my OH is 39. I have 2 children age 13 and 15, he has a 16 year old from previous relationships. We have been together for 8 years and are getting married next month!

Throughout our relationship we have always joked about having a baby together but not really been serious. But over the last year or 2 as my kids become more independant I am becoming more and more broody. He is also! We have said that we will make a decision one way or another after the wedding.

My worries are my age and that my kids are almost grown up. I am worried that I am too old to be thinking about more children and that our kids will think it's weird if we have another!

To complicate things more I have just found out I have PCOS which I gather can affect fertility. The thought of being told I can't have any more children is really uspetting as is the thought that I will just run out of time and it won't be an option for us anymore. But I am not sure I can go through lots of fertility treatments and stresses that that brings.

Just having a bit of a rant at this stage and wondered if any of you had the same thoughts??

Many thanks! x

Age is just a number hun. We had great success on here last month. There will be ups and downs and ttc can be more stressful than it really should be due to the pressure we put upon ourselves but the good thing is that on here we are all in it together and there will be many people going through the same tests and treatment as you. There are loads of threads on Pcos as well which might be worth a read.

Good luck with the wedding and whatever you decide on the baby front.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->