Broody

Kentish Mama

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have 2 children, a girl aged 9 and a boy aged 6. I started trying for kids when I was 30 because I knew I wanted a family and felt that time was ticking - but I wasn't actually broody. Both times it took me 6 months to conceive. I found the whole baby thing quite stressful, added to which my daughter has a medical condition which requires her to have surgery every 6 months until she is a teenager.

A little over a year ago I became broody. I've never felt like this before! Babies make me go gooey and I daydream about breastfeeding...I hated breastfeeding!!! I'm nearly 40 and thought it was too late but me and DH have talked it through and, as we always intended to have more than 2 kids and my daughter's condition is now a manageable part of our life, we have just started TTC. I can't believe it and feel very excited. I know the chances of conceiving are less than before but I'm up for the challenge.

I think if we hadn't had the stress of my daughter's condition I would have been at this place a couple of years ago when my son started school.

Anyway, I stumbled across this site by chance when I was trying to get information about the risks of swine flu in pregnancy. And it looks a friendly place so I think I'll stick around.

Good luck with TTC and welcome to the site!!! Sorry to hear about your daughter having to have so many surgeries

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->