Brooke Paula Hart 30.01.09

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
WARNING-very long and not for those of a nervous disposition or nervous about birth!!

On Friday 30th January I went to my local midwife-led unit for a routine 32 week appointment with my midwife...I hadnt been seen by a midwife since my 12-week booking in appt, I had been seeing my doctor instead as the midwives were too busy apparently!!

I arrived at 10am and she asked me firstly how I was feeling-I felt fine-but did mention the baby had been pretty quiet the last few days. I had a home doppler though so had heard the h/b and wasnt too worried. I also showed her my swollen ankles, legs, face and elbows which were really painful. She took my blood pressure and looked like she was going to fall off her chair. She said it was extremely high and asked me if I wanted to lay down-did I have a headache? am I sure I felt well? I felt fine though which was weird!!

I was then put on a fetal movement monitor. It showed little to no movement and no amount of cold water or poking would move the baby and the alarms started to sound.

I was asked to do a urine sample and it showed +4 proteins in my water-it was at this point she called me an ambulance. I was taken down for an urgent scan whilst we waited for it to arrive-it showed a baby who was extremely small for dates. I was given an injection to strengthen the babies lungs.
It still hadnt occured to me whilst all this was going on exactly what was going to happen at the hospital. I was extremely calm and chatting to the nurses whilst they were running around. I phoned my OH and told him to meet me at the maternity dept of the next hospital-I thought they were going to check baby and send me home on medication!! :dohh:

We went from the midwife centre to the bigger hospital by ambulance-sirens and all which was pretty embarrassing. On arrival they ran with me down the corridors on a stretcher to the labour wards. . .and then it suddenly hit me that I was actually going to have the baby and I started to get hysterical. I was absolutly terrified. The room was full of people and they were going mental, shouting things at each other, getting me undressed, getting me to sign forms which I apparently didnt have time to read. . .I was asking for my OH the whole time and saying I didnt want to have the baby untill he was here-only to be told both of us were in grave danger and the baby needed to be out NOW. :cry:

I was rushed next door to the operating theatre-still hysterical and a bit bewildered. I vaguely remember being put onto an operating table and being told I was going to be put to sleep. I wanted my OH!! People were still running round, getting scrubbed up and getting equipment out. I met a neonatal nurse for the baby, the aneathetist . . . I was absolutly terrifed.
I was crying by this point-I was so frightened :cry: My OH arrived just in time to see my being put to sleep. They wouldnt let him in to say hello but let him wave at the door as they out the mask over my face-thats the last thing I remember. :sad1:

I woke up later in the intensive care unit :cry: with a nurse either side of me and 3 doctors standing over my bed. I had 8 canulas in my hands :dohh: and an oxygen mask over my face. I couldnt understand where I was,who I was with or what on EARTH had happened. I didnt even realise I had had a baby and remember wondering whose baby they kept talking about. I was kept in the ICU for 8 hours-they kept me heavily sedated for few hours after coming round as they were worried I was going to hemmoreagge. I was eventually taken back to a private room on the labour ward where my poor OH and my mum were waiting for me. I felt sooooo poorly and still had no idea what had happened.
The nurses had taped up the doors to my room with duct tape as light would have made me have a seizure and, again, hemmorreage. I stayed in that room for a whole week with 24-hour care!!

I finally got to meet my daughter in SCBU 48 hours after her birth. I had to go at 2am so it was dark and be wheeled in on my hopsital bed. . .but she was so so worth it. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat for her!!

So, here she is-Brooke Paula Hart!-born 30.01.09 weighing 2lb 4oz. . .

https://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/2Donna1/SDC10164.jpg

https://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/2Donna1/SDC10247.jpg

https://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/2Donna1/SDC10298.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS brooke is sooo cute x
Sorry u ad an hard time :hugs: x

ongratulations! sounds like a tough experience, you seem to be coping really well with it :hugs: hope you both recover well. Shes gorgeousx

she is beautiful! What an experience you had! I am sooo glad you are both ok!

Oh she is gorgeous :hugs: I particularly love her middle name too ;)

I am so glad you are both well xxx

Wow I'm sure that is not how you imagined to have given birth, congratulations she looks beautiful x x

Congratulation sweet... Hope u both better now
xx

Congrats she's beautiful
:hugs: Sorry you had such a rough time.

Wow I'm sure that is not how you imagined to have given birth, congratulations she looks beautiful x x

Lol precisely. I have to admit I am a little upset that I missed my daughters first 48 hours. . .but Id rather her and I be safe!! Im even more determind to have a VBAC next time!!! :blush:

Congrats hun! She's beautiful!

Sorry you had such a rotten experience with labour! :hugs:

Conratulations she is beautiful
How are you both doing now hun?
xx

Congrats! She's beautiful! Sorry you had a hard time. :hugs:

Wow what an ordeal, so glad that everything turned out for the best!! Your little girl is absolutely adorable - congratulations xo

Awww!! She is adorable, and so tiny!:happydance:

What an experience hun. Glad you are both okay now. Did they give you any idea what had caused it?:hugs:

Congratulataions, your daughter is beautiful :) So sorry you had a horrible time with the birth. x

oh donna, im so sorry you had a rough time, but she really is a beautiful precious dot. congratulations babe :) :) :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->