Brooke Sophia Edgar Born 13/04/09 @ 10.34am **LONG**

navarababe

Mummy To Brooke :-)
Reaction score
Well im finally getting round to posting my birth story, i tried last week as i had typed it all out then it disapeared :cry:

So lets hope i can still remember what happened lol.

On the thursday night, i was coming up to my mums to stay for the full weekend as my sister was going out and i had a fear of going into labour n no one being there. so off to my mums i went, i had the glucose test on the friday morning which i wasnt looking forward to. friday morning came and off to hospital we went, it all went fine, was awaiting test results to come back on the tuesday. So me and mum went off shopping for the day, couple hrslater i was sick of walking, my feet were so sore, so came back home, had a 30mins sit down then went down the field with the dogs. (most exercise i done in months) Friday nite in my bed, i was in alot of pain, but by sat morning it vanished. Saturday, we went down the field again, i felt fine, Me, mum and step dad were planning on going out for dinner on sat night, so my mum was getting ready, she'd just came out shower and i was waiting to use the toilet, next thing i felt real wet in my underwear :blush:, i thought i had just pee'd myself :rofl: So i sat on the toilet and was dribbling, 15mins later i was still dribbling and my mum was still getting ready when she then suggested id been dribbling for to long for that to be just needing a pee, so she said to phone labour ward, so i did, still sitting on the toilet they asked me to put pad on and make my way into hospital, and to bring a over night bag just incase. So i stuck a pad on and i was still dribbling, was horrible :( Off to the labour ward my mum and me went, stopped at the co-op for a sandwich and bottle of juice LOL. Was getting slight pains but i didnt think anything of it. so managed to make it to the car park at the labour ward, stepped out of my mums jeep and i felt this big "SPLASH" I was crying as i didnt know what to do or say lol, i was standing there soaked from waist down :( So i wobbled into labour ward soaking wet and they said it was defently my waters, so they hooked me up to monitors etc and i was contracting but not feeling anything, LOL, i thought it was great. they told me i would have to stay in sat night, and i burst into tears, i just wanted to go home (big cry baby me):rofl: So i didnt really sleep much on sat night, woke up on sunday morning, and doctors came round and didnt really say much :( So all day sunday i was so bored. Was walking about outside etc. Sunday night doctors came back and said they would induce me in the morning with the tablet, so after them telling me that i was excited and didnt sleep on sunday night either, i was abslutly shattered :cry:

Monday morning came, and doctors were meant to come round at half 7am, but never appeared until 11am. They gave me tablet and said they would check on me at 5pm. So 5pm came and doctor checked and all she said was, i was going down to labour suite. I dont think i was dilating etc, she said something about my cervic but not to sure what it was DOH!! i was meant to be going down about half 6, half 8 came and i still wasnt down. But the mw came and said at 10pm u will defently be going down to labour suite. So i was getting excited and nervous at the same time.
Off to labour suite i went at 10pm, they hooked me up to drip and i started contracting straight away, of course i didnt feel anything again lol. About 3am it started getting sore and i started getting the urge to push all the time, i wasnt comfy and couldnt sit still, i couldnt decide whether i wanted to stand or lie down (mw was getting fustrated) lol. they checked me at 4am and i was 3cms dilated. at that point they advised i got some sleep as it was going to be long night. 4am i was still awake and getting REALLY sore by this point, orignally i went into hopsital with the intentions of doing it all on gas and air, but i just couldnt cope no more, i had no energy to do anything and the contractions were hitting the 80% mark :( So i opted for epidural. The woman came to put it in and that all went fine. KI managed to get about a hours sleep once i had that. They checked me at 8am, i was 10cms dilated, and said at 9am i would start pushing, thats when i was terrified as i knew i didnt have any strength left in me to push baby out. but at 9am i tried to push and nothing was happening, babys head wasnt coming round the bend, and the mw's knew i was just completly shattered, so they had to intervien :cry: They used the suction to pull her out, and at 10.34am Brooke was born weighing 6lb1oz, she screamed straight away, and i jsut couldnt believe it. I didnt feel any pain at all, just the relief of brooke outside of my stomach. I had one very clean tear, so only needed one stitch, i was so over the moon.

Giving birth was always one of my worst fears, but now when i think of it, it wasnt that bad. I wouldnt do it again in a hurry tho LOL.

But what i always remember now, Nvr go into something bang set on something. the epidural was a life safer to me and gave me that extra help to get baby brooke out.

sorry its so long, i just seem to ramble on lol. Here are some pics of brooke after she was born. :cloud9:

https://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh338/navarababe_2009/DSC00243.jpg
https://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh338/navarababe_2009/DSC00242.jpg
https://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh338/navarababe_2009/DSC00244.jpg

Well done hun you did so well! Congratulations she is gorgeous :D xxx

Well done you she is gorgeous !!

I wish id had an epi, they wouldn't give me one :hissy:

awwww aint she sweet you done fab huni i hope i can do that good when i finally have one wish you the happiest future and hopefully not too many sleepless nights xxx

Congratulations hun!!

She's gorgeous, must be something about the name Brooke ;)

Shes lovely you did so well congrats xxx

Well done sweetie bubbas so cute, i tell you what i wanted to go natural if i went to the MLU unit, as i cant have epi there but if i am induced and having to go to main hospital and the drugs are there ...then i might be tempted to give in :blush:

all i can say is, never go in with a closed mind, always keep open minded :)

well done, hunni!! :wohoo: she's an absolute doll :cloud9: :hugs:

Congratulations she is beautiful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->