Brotherly love - you're kidding!

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
:cry:

My 2 youngest hate each other:cry: ok thats strong, but Joe has took a big dislike to his baby sister :nope: I cannot turn my back if they are in the same room. He has hit her several times in the last couple of weeks:cry: and he has started marking her skin. This morning the both of them were in their chairs (Katie in her highchair and Joe in his booster) after eating their breakfast, I went to make their toast and I heard a piercing scream from Katie :nope: I instinctively knew Joe had done something to Katie, he had a sheepish look on his face :roll: I asked him had he nipped his sister and he said he had, on the head he told me. So I got him out of his chair and put him on his naughty step (have introduced this in the past few weeks), I timed him out for 2 minutes and made him apologise to me and Katie. He done this but I'm wondering will it sink in?

I'm quite worried about this and he is quite rough with her and its ok at the minute because I can seperate her, She is happy in her playpen with her toys and Joe is in the living room with his gate on. My problems will start when my little lady starts cruising because it will be at this time where she will say no more playpen and she'll have to go in with Joe:dohh: I try and get them together a good bit during the day but its under my eye only. I put them in the trolly at the supermarket and they literally whack each other the whole time :(

I know hes more than likely to have a huge jealousy problem with her but I try to make a huge fuss of him all the time, especially when he is good and give him extra praise when he is gentle with Katie.

I dont know if theres anything else I can do but wait till time matures them both a little :roll:

Its been a hard day today, if I drank alcohol this would be the day I would finish the bottle:rofl:

Oh my goodness it must be so hard and draining for you :hugs:
The only thing i can think is that it is a developmental age thing, not much help i know!
Apart from seperating them i can't think of muh else you can do at the minute

The light at the end of the tunnel though is that Joe will be going to nursery soon won't he? January?
Hopefully then he will miss his little sister

no nursery till september next year :( but you know thats probably what he needs or maybe abit of mummy/joe time :)

havent got 2 but thought you could do with a :hugs: especially as your OH is away and you deal with this on your own XXX

thanks hun:hugs:

its been a long day but hey tomorrow will be better :lol: I hope!

I dont really have any advice. I only got the one and step son, who is a bit older so is more understanding in a way.
but :hugs: it must behard not being able to eave trhem alone without worrying (sorry bout the spelling:wine:tonight)
:hugs: x

Aww hun, I'm sorry :hugs:

I remember I was quite jealous of my baby brother when my mother brought him home, I was hitting him all the time until I finally understood my mommy still loved me!

Aww hun, I'm sorry :hugs:

I remember I was quite jealous of my baby brother when my mother brought him home, I was hitting him all the time until I finally understood my mommy still loved me!

that helps hun, thanks. Maybe I just need to make a bigger fuss of him, hes normally such a gentle little boy; this is really out of character for him.

On a positive note hes all smiles with her this morning so at least that was better than yesterday evening when he done nothing but give her dirty looks :roll: Its probably got worse with the more she is doing, like standing up, trying to crawl and talking; he could deal with her presense more when she was little and doing nothing:dohh:

ah well it'll work out I'm sure :)

thanks for all the support guys:hugs:

sorry hun am puzzled now, yeah yeah i know it doesn't take a lot :lol:
There is only a day between Joe's and Jack's ages, Jack is 4th Oct and he starts nursery in the January intake, how come you have to wait until September with Joe?

Its ok hun :lol: I live in the country and we only have a very small playgroup and they only take them in once a year in september but you know what I'm going to try and get the womans number and see could he not even go in for last term next year but I'll miss the lil fella:cry: but I know he does need this too.

Hes been really good today:happydance: he did go to hit Katie earlier when we were at asda (they were in the same trolley) but I said no! and he listened so thats a bit of progress.:happydance:

I bought him some new shoes:happydance: We went off ourselves and left my mum with the others and he really enjoyed the atention, getting his feet measured etc.

Gorgeous little shoes too:cloud9: little brown start-rite ones reducd from £33 to £15:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->