Brown blood - what's your experience?

xxsteffyxx

Single Momma
Reaction score
For those of you that know me, I had some bleeding on Sunday through to Wednesday, not a lot, just when I wiped and on Wednesday when it got heavier it never soaked a pad.

Anyway, since Wednesday afternoon I have had brown blood when I wipe. It hasn't stopped. Sorry for the tmi but there is always some stringy substance when I wipe too.

The cramping is still there but mild.

Anyone's experiences? I know it's brown blood but it just doesn't seem to be stopping.

I should be between 5-6 weeks now. Xx

Some people spot during the first trimester, but if it's dark brown, I'd talk to a doctor about it. My sister-in-law had terrible spotting with her first son, and he is happy and whole and fine.

If your cramping isn't too bad, then I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet. Best to get to the doctor and get your hormone levels tested.

My good wishes and hopes for you.

I would talk to your Dr. about it, just to be safe. But I had brown blood, three bright red bleeds, passing stringy tissue that varied in color from brown to black from weeks 5 to 9. I finally passed 3 small clots and stopped bleeding. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemmorrage at weeks 7 and 8. But I am now 12 weeks with no bleeding discharge and the baby has a heartbeat at 170. The ultrasound tech said the bleeding could be caused by the baby getting implanted better into the uterus. I'm not sure about that. Your body could be passing old blood from implantation bleeding too. I always think of passing that brown blood as my uterus cleaning itself out, but it was still scary. I also had cramps. My Dr. did tell me to take it easy while all this bleeding was going on- no lifting, sex, exercise, etc. I wish you all the best.

I have a scan on Thursday anyway so I doubt they'll do anything before then. Xx

See if your doc will let you come on Monday just to test your progesterone. My doc prescribed progesterone to me after my levels cane back low, and when the brown spotting didn't stop after a week, he doubled my dosage. It finally stopped after several more days.

Hi tulip thanks for your response.

I'm actually already on progesterone, 400mg since Friday midday. So hoping that that progesterone is going to give little baby every fighting chance it's got xx

I spotted through out my first trimester, and I am 32 weeks with a happy baby girl! The spotting stopped at 12weeks

I had brown discharge, pink spotting, clots, and lots of cramping from around 5-7 weeks... DD is currently sitting next to me trying to help me type. :haha:

I hope everything turns out alright for you! It's definitely scary, but it doesn't always end negatively. :hugs:

Hi tulip thanks for your response.

I'm actually already on progesterone, 400mg since Friday midday. So hoping that that progesterone is going to give little baby every fighting chance it's got xx

I'm on 400mg now too and it took about 5 days to clear up, so hopefully you will experience the same. I forgot to tell you that I also had period-like bleeding for 4 hours when I was 6+ weeks - that's how I figured out I might be pregnant. There was a blood spot next to the gestational sac at 7 weeks, but it was almost completely gone at 8 weeks.

With my son, I had brown and red spotting until about 8 or 9 weeks. I normally had brown spotting for several days before getting my period, and that happened the cycle I got pregnant as well. But then I didn't get a full-on period and instead just continued to spot off and on either brown or red (never had red before getting pregnant) until 8-9 weeks. He's healthy and happy now! Good luck to you.

I'm experiencing this too! I'm now 5+3 and I have been having brown blood and sometimes red since Friday! I saw my doctor on Monday and she checked my cervix and that was all fine. I've got to go for a blood test Thursday and then another 5 days later to check my hormone levels.
The brown is only really there when I wipe and sometimes not at all. It's very scary though!!! :hugs:

Unfortunately I had a scan and it showed I had lost the baby.

Had a D&C yesterday.

We were devastated.

So sorry, Steffy. Every pregnancy is so different - it's hard to know what anything means

I am so sorry to hear this. My heart is with you. <3 (Had a miscarriage last year - worst experience of my life).

I've been right where you are.. I'm so sorry for you. Hope you can find comfort and peace during this time.. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->