Brown Discharge for 12 straight days after Period

HanleyLJ

Reaction score
Im sorry, I'm new and haven't picked up all the abbreviations for terms, so please bear with me.
I finished my period on the 11th of May and since that very day, I've had brown discharge. At first it was a vibrant red with a stringy consistency but it has now gradually turned very dark (like you would usually get at the very end of your menstruation). Last week it was quite painful, almost felt a little like constipation (if that makes sense) but everything was fine in that department. The problem is still occurring, whenever I go to the bathroom the toilet tissue is always covered. I've searched on a few websites and they're all telling me different things. :shrug: I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Me and my partner are not focusing our attention on trying but simply think "what will be, will be". We are sexually active but I don't want to assume I have conceived. It's starting to affect my sex life as I'm becoming paranoid of it.
Thank you ladies x :wacko:

Would also like to add that my breasts have become very tender over the last three days, it's painful even putting my bra on.

Take a test, either way give ur doc a call to see whats going on

12 days sounds like a long time so I would check with your doctor. I recently came off the pill and my last period lasted 4 days, went away for a day then I spotted brown (some stringy bits) for 3 days. It was very minimal, mainly when I went to the bathroom, however was dark red after we DTD. It went away so I am assuming it was body getting back to normal after being on the pill. I am seeing my GP next week so will talk to her about it anyway. I doubt it is pregnancy since it was after your period, but you could always take a test to be certain.

Let us know how you go with the doctor xx

There is bright red spotting after the end of the menstrual period associated with cramping needs medical intervention and you should not hesitate to seek doctor help. If you had normal period since sexual activity, then you probably are not pregnant. However, it’s good idea to take a test. If you have recently come off BC pills or any other measure of birth control, it could take some time to regularise your periods. If this is not a case, bring the matter to the knowledge of the doctor. If the blood is dark brown in colour, it probably indicates the incapacity of the uterus to expel the entire stream of blood out of vagina during the menstrual cycle. However, Bright red colour generally indicates fresh blood. The presence of bright red blood after periods can be an indication of a health problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->