Brown discharge occasionally when wiping

GemmaG

Reaction score
I’m in a complete panic today since this morning I’ve a little brown discharge almost like ewcm when I wipe. It’s scaring the life out of me I don’t remember ever having spotting with the twins. Sorry I know there’s not much anyone can say or do but just need to vent I’m so afraid that something wrong...... just need a little reassurance

Are you in a position to get yourself to an early pregnancy unit to just get yourself checked over? I know from what I've read that spotting can be completely normal in pregnancy especially after sex, exercise, exertion etc, and at 7+3 they'd be able to scan you and see everything so they can put your mind at ease. You'll just drive yourself crazy with worry otherwise xx

I just wanted to stop by and let you know I had it worth my daughter and my Dr reassured me it was all normal......Didn't feel very normal but apparently it is. Just take it easy for a bit and as said above if you can maybe see if you can get in to the Dr and get some reassurance so you can relax?

Thanks ladies I’m booking in for a private scan later this afternoon have to be there at 5pm so not long, I would only sit all weekend and drive myself up the wall. Fingers crossed it’s okay. OnErth it’s horrible isn’t it, hoping it’s nothing for both of us x

I had the same thing for about 3 days at 4 weeks - had to wait until 6 weeks and then they saw me for a scan and everything was perfect. I also recently had bright red spotting at 7+4 which lasted a couple of hours, they saw me again at 8 weeks and again everything looked perfect. Hope all goes well at your scan!

So ladies I’m utterly confused. Good news is baby had a heartbeat!! But what I’m confused about is that she said I was only measuring at 6 weeks 5wks 6 days by her measurements. Fetal length was 4.3mm? I’m confused I thought that over 6 weeks you add each millimetre by day so that would make me nearly 6+5. I am unsure about my period date but was anywhere in between the 16th and the 19th April. My scan last week at the hospital showed the start of a fetal pole no heartbeat but they said 6 weeks then too? Maybe someone can explain it to me because I’m totally lost and shiting myself now that baby hasn’t grown enough x

I think its normol for measurements to be out by a few days hon. Its happened to alot of ladies on here and it just turned out the O later so they were a few days out.
I also had a similar thing happen to me at 12 weeks. I went to the toilet and when I wiped I had pink cm then when I wiped again I had the normal cm but with bright red streaks in it. Had a scan and showed baby was fine. Had a few more episodes of wiping and getting the pink and red cm but then it just stopped. I have never had anything like that happen b4.
I've had MC in the past but that always started with bright red blood where I wud need a sanitary towel. Then it got real heavy.
Brown blood is old blood hon. It cud be from implantation still. Old blood from that that's only just making it's way out now.
Are you still having the spotting or has it stopped? App spotting in the first trimester is very very common. I hope that helps a bit hon.
It's great u see a HB so that's progress since the last scan. Did they say how many beats per min the heart beat was?

Thanks suggerhoney I suppose I just have to wait it out and hope that everything catches up. Yes heart beat was 124 and she said that was really good but I just don’t get why I’m a week behind. Hardly any spotting now at all and thankfully no sign of bleeding on my scan. It just all a little worrying....... but have a scan next Thursday at the early pregnancy unit so keeping everything crossed there is progress x

Spoke to soon more brown discharge

I was measuring at 6+2 when should be 6+6 little bean is 5.9mm on scan. I spoke to Dr who said at this stage they can be out as every mm can change days and it's so hard to measure xx

Hi hun sorry for what your going through, at my hospital anything up to 2 weeks behind is acceptable. Your baby has a very good heart rate also, and with your spotting it is normal in pregnancy! With my 1st 2 babies I had bleeding pretty much the entire first trimester, like you I had early scans and heart beat was seen, they are now 7 and 5 years old :) this baby I didn't have bleeding surprisingly, but I did have a big bleed at 13 weeks. I'm just one of those people i guess! Good luck x

When we had a scan at 6+1 the baby was only measuring 3mm and she said between 5-6 weeks, I was worried too that it was so small but when I went in at 8 weeks baby was measuring right on track! Honestly I think it’s difficult to measure them at that early stage because they are so small but they soon have a big growth spurt! I was amazed at how much bigger baby was at 8 weeks (16mm!)

So ladies had another scan as I had a gush of blood. Showing a hematoma on the right anterior of the gestational sac. They couldn’t measure the heart rate but I have a video and it looks slow to me. I’ve tried to upload it here but it won’t let me. Not sure but I think I’m going to miscarry feel so crampy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->