brown discharge very early pregnancy

Katleigh1983

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I found out last week that I was pregnant,I think Im about 5 weeks along.I am yet to go to a doctor,as I am an Australian who is currently in the Uk,and I have to wait to get registration papers before I can see a doctor.Anyway this morning I have woken up to find light brown discharge on my underwear,Im so scared is this normal or is there something wrong ?

thanks for reading

hi im 3rd tri but saw your post and i know how worried you must be , dont worry brown blood is old blood , you have probably had it a while inside you but its now come away from you, you will get spotting and if its brown /dark its nothing to worry about , you will have spotting around the time your period is due aswell, plus when your baby has a growth spurt that will cause some blood to come away aswell, there is so much to worry about with pregnancy! try not to worry and rest yourself ,put your mind at ease with phone call to dr or mid wife they cant refuse to talk to you wether your registered or not.:thumbup:

Hi hun,

I had the same when I was very early too, and some light cramping like period pains. xx

Morning!

I've been in a similar situation, and still am. I took a test last thursday which was positive and I figured I'd be about almost 6 weeks. Three days later I noticed brown discharge, which turned into spotting of blood later on. The next day the blood got heavier and redder and is the same today. I also have what is like period cramp, but not as bad. I've had blood taken and am waiting for my 2nd results to see if my hcg level has dropped. If so I'm miscarrying.

So, based on this your problem is still potentially early on. However, you may only experience the brown discharge and that's all! So you need to wait it out and see what happens. Obviously if you end up in any pain or with heavy bleeding, or any other worrying symptoms you could get seen as an early temporary patient either at a GP or emergency room. I have been reading up about my situation since sunday (as I'm obviously freaking out), and the best conclusion I can come to is that bleeding in early pregnancy is really really common, and a lot of the time it doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a miscarriage. But it could just as easily be a miscarriage.

Best advice I can give is as I said earlier - wait it out, see if it turns to bleeding. If it does and you're not in any sort of pain you'll probably be ok. But if you have cramping or anything else it could be worth getting it checked out. In my experience over the past few days they don't do much for you other than take your blood and get hgc level readings to see if your hcg is increasing. You may just be seeing implantation spots...

Good luck whatever happens, I know how you're feeling and its very frustrating. Stay as calm as you can and ill keep my fingers crossed for you. X

Hello Ladies,

thanks for the replies and re assurance.I have had slight cramping but I think it is more constipation (sorry tmi) as I havent been going to the toilet as much.I am so scared and being so far away from home,makes it much worse.I will get on the phone to the local doctors and explain,the brown discharge isnt much its what I normally get before a period,but is still scary. I am a first class worrier and always think the worst.This is my first pregnancy,and its all still so new to me.

Hello Jessica,

Im sorry u are going through the same thing,I hope your tests results come back and everything is fine,have my fingers crossed for you hun.I will take your advice and wait it out and see what happens.I will call the local doctors and see what they say too.I spose this is all what being a mother is about now worry worry worry hehe.But its all worth it in the end.

Good luck and let me knw how u get on hun :):)

I just spoke to a lovely lady from the local hospital,she has re assured me everything is ok,as it is perfectly normal to get the brown discharge.Aslong as it doesnt get heavy and u get very painful adomen pain everything is fine.

It's normal - don't stress. You only need to worry if its pink or red.

Hi there - I had brown discharge for a week straight at about 6 weeks pregnant. Had two ultrasounds and everything looked fine. My doctor put me on bedrest for the first trimester. Had 12 week ultrasound and baby is fine!

I know its hard not to worry - but it may just be old blood working its way out.

Hello,I have just literally had a big blog of brown discharge and it had a tiny streak of blood (sorry tmi) .I feel like im getting my period,so will wait and see what happens.I really hate the waiting and not knowing what is going on. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->