brown discharge

twinkletoes80

Pregnant with my first
Reaction score
It is old blood, but its day 2 of this now and it looks like what i get before my period comes.
So im trying not to freak out, but ugh, anyone else have this?!

Yes I still have it since Saturday, it went away for a bit but came back. I went to get a scan on Sat night and the doctor said everything looks okay and it's just placenta taking over. I don't have any blood clots in my uterus and my cervix isn't open or anything and the baby has a heartbeat. Of course, i am still worried sick!!!

I'm 10 1/2 weeks and I've had the same thing since 5 weeks...at first they said it was a threatened miscarriage but after another 2 scans (last at 9 weeks) they just said that a lot of women have it, even all the way through pregnancy.

Thanks lanaross and bear for replying. You have made me feel better.
I was thinking of having a scan before 12 weeks anyway, and I think this has made me want one even more. So I will prob book one for next week just to check its all looking good.
Ah the thrills of pregnancy!

I'm on my second day of this, too. I can't even function I'm so worried. It's definitely darker than it was yesterday. No red blood, no cramping. I haven't had my first midwife appointment yet and I don't have a family doctor. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Hey
Mine is darker than yesterday too, and like you there is no red blood or cramping. I do have some backache but then Ive had that throughout. I had some sharp twinges over the weekend so im hoping this is the placenta starting to take over.
It is terrifying to be in this situation. I dont think there is anything we can do other than rest and try not to think the worst. I just lay down with my hand on my tum talking to baby for 5 minutes and feel a bit better!
Lets keep eachother posted. All the best xx

ive had 3 lots of brown bleeding which then turns red and is thick but not as much as a period lasted 3 days each time and each time ive been scanned , all is ok, buba is fine i think its going to continue on and off all the way through for me, i understand how worrying it is for you,

good news is brown is old so maybe its whats left from implantation coming away i hope it settles for you xx

hi ladies. i've been having same thing on and off for 12 days. i had a small amount of bright red blood on august 16th (about 4 minutes...not a lot).

saw the doctor, she said that the outside of my cervix is seeping a little and it doesn't look like it's coming from the inside. we are having our first ultrasound tonight so i'll have a better idea of what's going on then.

good luck to you all!

Thanks for sharing ladies. Good luck to both of you and AJ with your scan tonight - how exciting!!

I had this over the weekend - it started after sex and I absolutely shat myself. Seems to have stopped now though.

I'll definitely keep you posted!

The other weird thing is that I've had cramping (midline, sharp, lasts 10-30 seconds 5-10 times per day) until yesterday. So the cramping stopped but the brown spotting has taken over. Argh, I wish I had someone to call!

Come to think of it I had sex the night before mine started. We are barely having any sex at all so that must be related. Well *folds arms looking final* thats the last time we'll be doing that for the next 5 weeks then!!

I'm going crazy...so I POAS! It was strongly positive right away. I think I'm going to call an OB and see if I can have an appointment today or tomorrow even though it will be my first one.

Called the midwife even though I haven't had my first appointment yet. She had me come in and drew my blood for type and HCG. I'll have the results tomorrow and if my HCG is >2500 I'll get an ultrasound. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->