brown discharge

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by twinkletoes80, Aug 25, 2009.

1. twinkletoes80

twinkletoes80 Pregnant with my first

It is old blood, but its day 2 of this now and it looks like what i get before my period comes.
    So im trying not to freak out, but ugh, anyone else have this?!

2. lanaross

lanaross Mom to Bella and Greyson

Yes I still have it since Saturday, it went away for a bit but came back. I went to get a scan on Sat night and the doctor said everything looks okay and it's just placenta taking over. I don't have any blood clots in my uterus and my cervix isn't open or anything and the baby has a heartbeat. Of course, i am still worried sick!!!

3. bear74

bear74 Well-Known Member

I'm 10 1/2 weeks and I've had the same thing since 5 weeks...at first they said it was a threatened miscarriage but after another 2 scans (last at 9 weeks) they just said that a lot of women have it, even all the way through pregnancy.

4. twinkletoes80

Thanks lanaross and bear for replying. You have made me feel better.
    I was thinking of having a scan before 12 weeks anyway, and I think this has made me want one even more. So I will prob book one for next week just to check its all looking good.
    Ah the thrills of pregnancy!

5. luv2jig

luv2jig Dr. Mom!

I'm on my second day of this, too. I can't even function I'm so worried. It's definitely darker than it was yesterday. No red blood, no cramping. I haven't had my first midwife appointment yet and I don't have a family doctor. I'm at a loss for what to do.

6. twinkletoes80

Hey
    Mine is darker than yesterday too, and like you there is no red blood or cramping. I do have some backache but then Ive had that throughout. I had some sharp twinges over the weekend so im hoping this is the placenta starting to take over.
    It is terrifying to be in this situation. I dont think there is anything we can do other than rest and try not to think the worst. I just lay down with my hand on my tum talking to baby for 5 minutes and feel a bit better!
    Lets keep eachother posted. All the best xx

7. twinklestar

twinklestar 2 boys nd 2 girls

ive had 3 lots of brown bleeding which then turns red and is thick but not as much as a period lasted 3 days each time and each time ive been scanned , all is ok, buba is fine i think its going to continue on and off all the way through for me, i understand how worrying it is for you,

good news is brown is old so maybe its whats left from implantation coming away i hope it settles for you xx

8. aj11

aj11 Mama to Ari :)

hi ladies. i've been having same thing on and off for 12 days. i had a small amount of bright red blood on august 16th (about 4 minutes...not a lot).

saw the doctor, she said that the outside of my cervix is seeping a little and it doesn't look like it's coming from the inside. we are having our first ultrasound tonight so i'll have a better idea of what's going on then.

good luck to you all!

9. twinkletoes80

Thanks for sharing ladies. Good luck to both of you and AJ with your scan tonight - how exciting!!

10. Laughing Girl

Laughing Girl Well-Known Member

I had this over the weekend - it started after sex and I absolutely shat myself. Seems to have stopped now though.

11. luv2jig

luv2jig Dr. Mom!

I'll definitely keep you posted!

The other weird thing is that I've had cramping (midline, sharp, lasts 10-30 seconds 5-10 times per day) until yesterday. So the cramping stopped but the brown spotting has taken over. Argh, I wish I had someone to call!

12. twinkletoes80

Come to think of it I had sex the night before mine started. We are barely having any sex at all so that must be related. Well *folds arms looking final* thats the last time we'll be doing that for the next 5 weeks then!!

13. luv2jig

luv2jig Dr. Mom!

I'm going crazy...so I POAS! It was strongly positive right away. I think I'm going to call an OB and see if I can have an appointment today or tomorrow even though it will be my first one.

14. luv2jig

luv2jig Dr. Mom!

Called the midwife even though I haven't had my first appointment yet. She had me come in and drew my blood for type and HCG. I'll have the results tomorrow and if my HCG is >2500 I'll get an ultrasound. Fingers crossed!