Brown implantation bleeding?

MillieJ16

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am approximately 11dpo and I've had positive pregnancy tests for the last couple of days now, but finding it hard to sink in that I'm actually pregnant... Just went to the toilet and saw dried brown discharge in my underwear. I wiped and I have what looks like normal 'wet' discharge but with a pale brown tint to it. This is my second pregnancy and I don't remember anything like this last time, so quickly googled it, and immediately found a website which states that brown discharge this early on in pregnancy indicates an ectopic because the dark brown blood suggests it's 'old' blood as it had to travel further.

Can anyone shed some light on what the pale brown discharge could be, and if I should be as worried as I am?

Just like to add that I have no noticeable cramping or pain

I have read that too. However I have also read that sometimes it might take some blood a little longer to come out where the baby implanted and etopic's aren't very common abut 2% of pregnancies. I have had spotting too during pregnancies 3 actually but the first was a blighted ovum the second was a possible triplet pregnancy that ended with one left then no hb, and third was a very late implant that ended in mc at 5 wks.

I had some dark red bleeding with this pregnancy last night only when I wiped and only for a few hrs. so far the test are still getting darker. I have had some moderate cramps the past 3 days. I had my first positive with this one this past Sunday the 16th. I would not worry about an etopic at this point. And as long as test are gettind darker I would not worry (I need to follow my on advice lol). GL I got my FX for you. :flower:

I've had brown discharge for all my pregnancies including chemicals and with my healthy daughter. I had it the other day and thought it was AF but turned out I'm pregnant and it was most likely implantation bleeding. Just keep an eye out for red bleeding and painful cramps.

It can be quite common to have some mucky discharge around the time of a missed period. Brown blood is old blood as you said. If you have no cramps or backache then try not to worry too much. I know that is easier said than done. Hugs xx

Thank you all very much, I really appreciate your advice and support. The brown discharge stopped for about 13 hours, but just now I felt a bit 'wet' so went to the bathroom to see what was happening and I have what I can only describe as 'mucky' discharge. Id say it just looks a bit off-white in colour, so I HOPE that's the end of the brown discharge. Still no cramps and I ran out of pregnancy tests yesterday so off to buy a CB digi today :)

Monro- how are you doing today? I hope the bleeding stopped for you hun :hugs:

I had brown discharge fall out of me when I was on the toilet about a week before my period was due. I had irregular periods and we weren't trying so I assumed it was my period starting. However I didn't have anything else so I think that was implantation bleed. Hope it's the same for you.

Sounds like implantation bleed to me. My sisters had it and I had it faintly. Don't worry about it unless it gets heavy or there's clots. Good luck, I hope the bean sticks!

Sounds like implantation to me too - I have had exactly that in every pregnancy - now newly pregnant with our third and had this on and off for 2 days a few days ago - now nothing.
X

Thank you all very much, I really appreciate your advice and support. The brown discharge stopped for about 13 hours, but just now I felt a bit 'wet' so went to the bathroom to see what was happening and I have what I can only describe as 'mucky' discharge. Id say it just looks a bit off-white in colour, so I HOPE that's the end of the brown discharge. Still no cramps and I ran out of pregnancy tests yesterday so off to buy a CB digi today :)

Monro- how are you doing today? I hope the bleeding stopped for you hun :hugs:

Thank you it did .. I thinking either implantation or the hormonal bleeding at the time of af that no one can explain, or another explanation is that I felt like I o'd from both sides this month so it could mean there were 2 and I lost one as a vanishing twin :shrug: I had a blood draw Friday and it went from 19.26 monday to 174.83 Fri. I also had one today so we will see. I did wondfo test over the weekend and it seems like they have gotten to a point for a few days of the same darknes however they are getting fatter. If my blood test today is 525 or above it is doubling like it should. Everything going ok with you so far. I did a cb digital advanced over the weekend and got 2-3 weeks. Now waiting on the 3+:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->