Brown Spotting and Cramping Normal???

kla1027

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am 7.5 weeks and started having brown spotting and cramping today. I saw the hb a week ago and everything looked great. But this the first time I've seen blood since I've been pregnant so naturally I am really worried. It's not a ton and isn't very heavy but it's been there constantly for the past 5 hours.

I have a scan tomorrow to check everything out but could really use some replies in the meantime. Anyone else had this??? Is it normal???

Brown generally indicates old blood. It's most probably nothing :)
Let us know how your scan goes tomorrow, rest up for now.

I started spotting brown three days before I miscarried.. and than had lots of it the day I did, but only worry if there is red! ill be praying for you!!! it can be old blood!!! just try not to stress about it !!!:)

Fingers crossed its old blood hun.
Get you feet up relax as much as you can & see what tomorrow brings xx

I had brown spotting, too, so they sent me in for an ultrasound at 7 weeks and 2 days. Everything was perfect. Hope that's the case for you! Let us know.

My midwife actually said most of the time brown spotting is completely normal and not to freak unless it was red or had really bad cramps that were painful. (More than af cramps)

I would be nervous too honestly but my midwife said spotting brown is normal. Sending good vibes!

I had this with my 2nd baby at 14 weeks...freaked me out. Brown spotting for 3 days. Went to the ER to have it checked, and all was fine with my daughter:) the doctor told me it was just old blood, most likely implantation bleeding that had collected, and released. I remember I was SO worried though...(We had JUST told everyone)...so naturally I was nervous. I encourage you to try and relax a bit, watch some movies, have a nap, and try to keep your mind off it until tomorrow. I think you will be just fine:) keep us updated!!

Hi all. Thanks so much for your reassuring replies. I am back from the doctor and all is fine. The spotting is unexplained but is old blood. They said the blood flow to the whole area esp cervix is much higher than normal and some often clots and breaks off later. Baby is measuring right on for 7w5d and hb is up to 160bpm. I got nausea medication today too since I've been so sick. Fingers crossed all continues to go well.

Thats great news I hope the rest pf your pregnancy is nice and straight forward from here xxx

Just a quick update in case anyone is still reading this thread or someone with the same problem as me comes along...

I had another US yesterday and all is well. 9.5 weeks now. Still spotting, but still no explanation. HB is up to 188 from 160 last week. No bleeds around the baby and no visible clots. I did have some very brief red spotting yesteday (first time it's been red) after my ultrasound.

I really just think my cervix is extremely sensitive. I've been throwing up still each morning and I can feel the pressure when I do, so maybe that's causing it to continue. Doctor keeps reassuring me, so I guess I just have to live with it. He says some women spot their entire pregnancy and have healthy babies...seems crazy!

Glad everything worked well for you :) wonderful news for you xx

I'm glad your doing ok, just to reassure you I bled for about 2 weeks at the start of my pregnancy and I'm now 30 weeks along so it can all be ok x x

hi
just like to say i had brown spotting from bout week 5 to week 9.
every day, i even had one big bleed! like period, and another day bit of red spotting.
all is well. Im having twins, Im nearly 12 weeks now. had 3 scans so far lol.
all sounds normal to me, we just don't expect to see it do we, i didn't no so many women spot when pregnant or even bleed and its ok. obviously times when its not, but to me you round like your body going through the notions. good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->