Brown spotting and cramps - 4 weeks

bekib10

1 DD, 1 mc, cautiously pg
Reaction score
Hi, I'm scared but hoping for some reassurance from more calm and rational thinking people than me!

I got my first ever BFP on saturday (21st cycle TTC!). Since then I have had cramps which panicked me but reading online it seems it's normal. But today I have had brown spotting. I am just under 4 weeks and have my confirmation GP appointment in the morning. As it's taken us so long to conceive I'm terrified of miscarrying and I'm worried this is the beginning.

My temp was down a bit this morning, I felt nauseas at the weekend but not today, my bbs are sore but i think less sore than at the weekend, the cramping has got a bit worse and now I'm spotting. When the spotting started I did another pg test and it was positive. It's so early I know I can't even have a scan to reassure me so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this without miscarrying?

I know it's common to miscarry this early and some people don't realise they're pg and lose the baby in what they think is just a slightly late AF. So all in all I'm worrying myself into a complete state!

Please advise, am I right to be concerned?

Hey...didn't wanna read and run but I'm not very good at giving advice! I know that cramping and spotting are perfectly normal especially in early pregnancy. Some people even spot through the whole pregnancy. I've cramped off and on since getting my BFP and it's still a little scary sometimes when they get really painful. Just try to take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy being pregnant! Congratulations!!!

Hi Hun,

I just wanted to tell you firstly that cramping is completely normal!

From my own experience I can tell you that as soon as I got my bfp at 9 dpo I had awful af cramps, scared me to death, I called my obgyn and they said, don't worry it's totally normal unless it's accompanied by bleeding.

Well the next day I was spotting brown when I wiped. I about died, called midwife, they called me in for betas, long story short, everything was fine, the spotting was a bit of implantation blood, old blood coming out, cramps lasted until I was about 6.5 weeks.

Hopefully you're going to be fine, try not to worry.

First, congrats on your pregnancy! I was at the doctor today and I asked her where they draw the line between spotting and bleeding, and she told me if it is bright red accompanied by moderate/severe cramping. So it sounds like what you have are the normal cramps and spotting of pregnancy. I know you are concerned, who wouldn't be?! Honestly, you're probably just fine, but you can always call your doctor to double check. :)

Just popping in from the 2nd tri, I had this at 4 weeks, I thought the brown discharge was the start of my period and I text me partner saying no I'm not pregnant lol then it went away, and also a few cramps.

Hi welcome to the section of worry-worts! MC is a constant worry for us all so you're not alone.

I had spotting for about 4 days when I first found out, I thought this was AF and turns out it wasn't. It's probably just implantation or breakthrough bleeding.

I also had cramps on and off for about three weeks (they've died down a bit now).

I've tested a couple of times a week since I found out, the two lines give a bit of reassurance.

I also had brown spotting for the first 5 days after I got my bfp along with some cramps. The spotting has stopped now but still get some cramps. It's just the uterus expanding (even this early which boggles my mind!!)

Thank you so much ladies, you really have reassured me, as my doc was rubbish and just told me that even if I miscarry a pg test could still be positive for a couple of weeks, it wasn't the reassurance I wanted to hear, you ladies are much better!

The spotting stopped the next day though I'm still scrutinising everytime i wipe. The cramps have pretty much gone too, just a few twinges every now and then today. Though my stupid mind is now panicking that the lack of cramps is a bad sign. I wish I could stop myself from thinking!!!

Thanks again!

I know how you feel! I have had spotting since about five weeks into my pregnancy, but the doctor assures me it's normal, and unless you need a pad and have other symptoms you should be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->