Brown spotting at 4 weeks - looking for reassurance :( UPDATED PAGE 4!

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 4+3 (I think) and I woke up this morning to brown blood when I wiped. It's still there now everytime I go to the loo. I've been testing daily and I've convinced myself this mornings tests (bottom 2) are lighter?

Has anyone had this spotting and it turns out to be nothing to worry about? :cry:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    210.8 KB · Views: 37
Hey

Ive no personal history of spotting brown, Ive not had spotting but ive heard many stories where people have spotted brown and its all been good!

Looking at your tests they all look really bold!

hope you are ok x x

Hey Hun , I have no experience with spotting but if it's brown and only there when you wipe it may not indicate anything wrong , your tests look great . Really hope all is ok x

Ins offer brown yday and day before. Yday morning have a streak of red as well .... Had a similar streak of red 2 weeks ago.... Did an emergency scan! Dated me 5 wks and saw only empty sac.

I have to go tomorrow for followup! If ur really worried bout pls see ur doc

I hope u feel better !!!! Big big :hugs: hoping for Positive news for both of us

I've only experienced a bit of red blood on and off throughout my last pregnancy and it was down to something that wasn't dangerous at all to the baby, to me especially since it's so early and you haven't said anything about any severe pain it sounds like it could possibly be impantation bleeding which is totaly normal! I would say to ease your mind through ring your doctor or make an appointment and tell him/her what's going on and they will have the best answers and advice for you! Hope you are feeling better soon :flower:

Thanks everyone, I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back so hopefully i'll be able to go and see them today. No pain with the bleeding, just some very mild dull cramps which could easily be in my head.

Isn't 4w3d too late for implantation bleeding?

Thanks everyone, I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back so hopefully i'll be able to go and see them today. No pain with the bleeding, just some very mild dull cramps which could easily be in my head.

Isn't 4w3d too late for implantation bleeding?

I wouldn't worry about dull cramps I get them daily and actually had my first scan yesterday and baby is looking perfect :) hmm I'm not sure about that but brown blood just indicated to me that it's old blood so possibly it's impantation bleeding that never came through until now? I'm not sure if that is even possible :dohh: ;haha: but it would make sense! Haha

It could be a late implantation bleed. Brown blood is old blood, so it could have only just found its way out.

They say brown on wiping isn't a concern normally and only heavier red blood would indicate a problem.

:hugs:

It's worrying me because my AF starts out with a day(ish) of brown blood before coming full force! So I'm just hoping this stops and doesn't get any worse!

My last pregnancy I had IB but it was 10dpo and was really light pink

So the doc thinks it's likely to be the start of a 'late period'

So frustrating, a week of progressively darker tests wont result in a late period!!

I've found most doctors here are clueless about early pregnancy.

If you really want reassurance demand HCG blood testing. Your tests have been getting darker and there's no indication this is a chemical yet, so I think it'd be worth it.

You get bloods drawn twice, 48 hours apart, and if your hcg is doubling, it's likely a viable pregnancy.

So sorry, I know how awful the first week or so is :hugs: I ended up in A+E sobbing, convinced I was losing the baby. They did the blood draws and all was fine.

Your local hospital should have an early pregnancy unit that would do that for you.

What!? I'm shocked by that!? How can he even say that without doing any blood tests! Especially with the progression in tests!? I know it's hard but try keep as calm as you can and wait it out, fingers crossed it is just implantation bleeding and will pass soon enough! Wishing you the best of luck! :hugs:

JumpingIn, are you in the UK? How did you get blood testing done? My GP won't do it, and I'm sure I can't go to A&E for this!!

It's awful, I just want to know whats going on

JumpingIn, are you in the UK? How did you get blood testing done? My GP won't do it, and I'm sure I can't go to A&E for this!!

It's awful, I just want to know whats going on

Look up to see if your nearest hospital has an early pregnancy ward. They often have walk in clinics. If not, call the hospital and ask them where you'd go, and if still no luck, it's fine to go to A+E as you're bleeding.

:hugs: Good luck

Ps. I went in for cramps as my doc wanted to rule out ectopic. It seemed like any mention of cramps got them all fired up, because they were ignorant! So if you mention that too if you end up having to go to A+E you should be seen.

Try to find an early pregnancy unit first though.

I've left a VM with the local early pregnancy unit. Hopefully i'll be able to go there and get some bloodwork done.

Brown spotting has stopped for now, just a tiny bit if I really poke my cervix.

Fingers crossed!! If this pregnancy doesn't last I'm getting another puppy to fill the void until I have a sticky baby!

Sarah, yes the doctor was very kind but didn't offer much in the way of options. He told me about how his wife had lost her 4th pregnancy and said he thought that wasn't helped by the fact that she had to run around after 3 other kids so maybe I should go home to rest!?

The doctor process in the UK is very old school, there doesn't seem to be any urgency and a lot of it is very subjective rather than based on tests etc. Very frustrating.

Wow, how massively unprofessional of him!

Glad you're possibly getting in with the early pregnancy unit, and that the blood has gone :hugs: I think you're in with a really good chance as brown spotting is common in healthy pregnancy.

I really hope so! I've taken painkillers this morning for a headache so I can't tell if I'm having cramps or not. Hopefully not. But definitely no red blood yet. I'm desperately trying to remember how long the brown spotting lasts in my normal cycles...it's amazing how quick you forget everything as soon as you become pregnant!

I had brown spotting always around the time my AF was due when I was pregnant with my daughter, so 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, etc. but it would only last a day. When I had my miscarriages I had brown spotting but it never stopped, it just got progressively thicker and darker and eventually turned into full blown blood. Hang in there, your tests look fab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->