Brown Watery Period - what is this?

tabby28

Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I was due to start AF. It didn't come till afternoon which is quite unusual for me (its almost always there as soon as I wake up). It has been very light, and I have only had watery brown old looking blood.

I've never had a period like it before; normally they are red and heavy on the first day, even heavier on the second, easing off on the third and gone by 4-5days.

Is this something to be worried about? :nope:

Hi all,

Today I was due to start AF. It didn't come till afternoon which is quite unusual for me (its almost always there as soon as I wake up). It has been very light, and I have only had watery brown old looking blood.

I've never had a period like it before; normally they are red and heavy on the first day, even heavier on the second, easing off on the third and gone by 4-5days.

Is this something to be worried about? :nope:

Hi,

Is there a chance you might be pregnant? Are you on the pill/implant/coil?

It could be something and nothing, I would check it out with your doctor or your local family planning clinic, just for peace of mind more than anything else.

Hope you get on ok

:hugs:

Not sure how helpful this is but I had this once when I didn't ovulate. So brown and watery is what my anovulatory period looked like. Mine was also really light too.
However, I've had quite a range of colors in me periods.

Thanks ladies - the following day, I had some normal fresh blood, not much and now its stopped again, so it only lasted 2 days really. I would think I wasn't ovulating like you suggest bky but I'm charting and my chart certainly looks like I ovulated. We are only using condoms at the moment, but we didn't have sex around Ov day so I'm certain its not pregnancy. I will definitely visit my doctor, just in case something else is causing it.

Thanks again :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->