Brushing teeth/gums!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Do you brush the babies gums :blush: when they have no teeth through yet? Just always assume dit was when we get teeth but then I thought well we have to clean gums & tongue too and gums are essential for our teeth! Once the gums start going it effects your teeth as an adult right?

i started by rubbing Rhys' gums then when he got a tooth i switched to this thing that went over my finger that had little soft bristles on it... think i got it from mothercare

I haven't bothered cleaning my two's gums and they've only just got teeth.

We're cleaning them now (as long as we don't forget :blush:) but it's a bit tricky actually making contact between teeth and brush! Any tips welcome!

Anyway... so my point was ......maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to get her used to the brush at least before she gets her teeth.

I found this thing in superdrug last year i thought was a brilliant idea, its similar to what terrie has described but instead of going on your finger its designed so a young baby can hold it and chew on it themselves like a teether.
Ill see if i can find a picture of it.

https://www.maternitycorner.com/miva/graphics/00000001/angel_toothbrush.jpg

It looks like this, ive not seen it anywhere since except on USA sites though. Its called Baby's first toothbrush

I was asking the same question to my mum the other day! It makes sence that u would clean/brush gums to me. We just bought this teething 'toothbrush' from Boots the other day and Oliver really likes it. It's just like a toothbrush with two ends but its made of a soft rubbery stuff has a different texture on each end and we just brush/massage his gums gently with it a couple of times a day..it helps with his teething discomforts too as it gives him something to chomp on and i figured it would get him used to the idea of having his teeth brushed! https://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1071799&classificationid=1042457 Did take him a while to get used to it though! x

exactly this I know from germany, sweetsammi, but I never saw it here!

will check at large boots store, thx :hi:

and yes, I read you should do it before teeth are coming that they get used to the idea teeth have to be cleaned :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->