Bucket advice from those who use reusables

redpoppy

Reaction score
1) Can I buy any bucket with a lid or does it have to be a nappy bucket?
2) what size bucket do you use (and how many nappies do you have)
3) For those who livein a house, do you have one bucket upstairs and one downstairs. (this is more of an issue for me as our rooms are upstairs but the bathroom is downstairs.

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

:hugs:

You can use any bucket as long as it has a lid!

My bucket is about knee height, I have 15 nappies and wash every other day.

3) For those who livein a house, do you have one bucket upstairs and one downstairs. (this is more of an issue for me as our rooms are upstairs but the bathroom is downstairs.

I have a bucket next to her changing table and that's it. If she has a dirty nappy I sort it out in the bathroom and put it straight in the washing machine so it's not hanging around in the bucket.

I also recommend you use a mesh bag, this goes inside the bucket so you just get the bag out and shove the whole lot into the machine instead of picking out individual nappies. You can buy these from nappy sites or ebay.

x :) x

I have a bucket next to her changing table and that's it. If she has a dirty nappy I sort it out in the bathroom and put it straight in the washing machine so it's not hanging around in the bucket.

I also recommend you use a mesh bag, this goes inside the bucket so you just get the bag out and shove the whole lot into the machine instead of picking out individual nappies. You can buy these from nappy sites or ebay.

Thats awesome! thanks. :hugs: Don't suppose you know the sixe of your bucket in litres? :shrug:

Any bin
we have a large 40ltr bin which holds about 20 nappies
My bins next to my washing machine everytime i open it i use a few drops of lavender oil or teetree. Dont wet pail it uses to much time and smells alot worse :thumbup:

Any bin
we have a large 40ltr bin which holds about 20 nappies
My bins next to my washing machine everytime i open it i use a few drops of lavender oil or teetree. Dont wet pail it uses to much time and smells alot worse :thumbup:

Hi, I've been looking at a ot of 14 and 16 ltr buckets. Would you say they were too small? :wacko:

:hugs:

I have a regular nappy bucket, no idea how many litres it'd hold, but I get about 14 nappies in, plus fleece liners, boosters, a wrap or two and reusable wipes. That's it pretty much packed in though, and is about 3 days' worth. I have 26 nappies that I'm using at the moment (have another 4 I haven't yet used and 2 I am going to sell as they're rubbish), but I never actually use them all each week (I could easily get rid of another 5 or 6).

How many nappies you'll fit in depends on the type of nappy, too - I use a mixture of fitted, pockets and flats, and the flats take up the most room. If I used all 4 of my flats (bamboo terry) over one nappy cycle I'd definitely be able to fit fewer nappies in.

Thats awesome! thanks. :hugs: Don't suppose you know the sixe of your bucket in litres? :shrug:

Sorry I don't know the size, it has no measurements. It doesn't look that big though!!

I got a bucket with a lid from morrisons (it's actually a food waste bin lol) but it does the trick. Home bargains currently have cream nappy pails in for £4.99 if you have a shop near you.

it's about 12litres. A little small tbh but holds about a day and a halfs

No i keep my bucket in one room but i wish i did have a second one tbh because i always find i've left the bucket downstairs when i need it. I also use a mesh bag inside the bucket which is great as i can just sling the whole bag in rather than having to stick my hand in a bucket full of wet nappies :sick:

I got a bucket with a lid from morrisons (it's actually a food waste bin lol) but it does the trick. Home bargains currently have cream nappy pails in for £4.99 if you have a shop near you.

it's about 12litres. A little small tbh but holds about a day and a halfs

No i keep my bucket in one room but i wish i did have a second one tbh because i always find i've left the bucket downstairs when i need it. I also use a mesh bag inside the bucket which is great as i can just sling the whole bag in rather than having to stick my hand in a bucket full of wet nappies :sick:

I've heard most people store them dry. Why have you chosen to store them wet? (sorry but I have no clue!!!!) :thumbup:

think she just means wet off the wee

i have a nappy bucket, one of the usual small ones from mothercare but i didnt like it, thought it was far too small so i bought one of those underbed storage box things with lid, not sure of the ltrs, it fits much more in, but i am considering just buying a lidded bin cos i have about 30 nappies and use lots of inserts and i dont like to wash them every day

haha ive already answered that...oops!

3) For those who livein a house, do you have one bucket upstairs and one downstairs. (this is more of an issue for me as our rooms are upstairs but the bathroom is downstairs.)

i only have one really that i use but i do tend to just chuck poo nappies in the bath until im ready to wash them, i was thinking when i get my bin for upstairs i can leave the other one downstairs for just in case or in the bathroom or just somewhere else so they dont get left around the place haha

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->