Buckinghamshire?

jackiea85

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi, is there anyone from Bucks in here? I am moving to Oakley on 6th Nov, don't know anyone around there so would be nice to chat to anyone who is local! Am a bit nervous as it's a village and everyone will know everyone, except me! lol x

I'm in Herts and my OH's parents live in Bucks (in Chesham) so sort of nearby! Hope your move goes well, are you moving far? :)

xxx

Hi, I'm moving from Daventry in Northants so it's about an hour's drive, we are moving a week on saturday so I'm a bit worried we won't be ready in time but I'm sure it will all work out some how! :D xx

Oh I'm sure it will work out...it's amazing how quickly you can pack everything up when you put your mind to it! Do you have any time off work between now and then to do some hardcore boxing up?

xxx

I don't work but my son doesn't make it too easy to pack to be honest! But luckily my husband has a few days booked off work next week so hopefully we will get the last few bits done then :) xx

Not long til you move now! How old is your son/ I hope he's been 'helping' you pack!

xxx

He's 2, he has been trying to help me bless him, he puts some things in boxes for me, the problem is that if he finds something interesting he will sneak it out of the box and hide it! Little monkey :D x

Awwwww bless him :) Is he excited about the move? Are you?

xxx

I'm not sure, he's a bit unsettled I think, he has been playing up a bit more than usual and waking up more in the night, but he is quite happy when I ask him to put things in boxes so they can come to the new house. I think it will take him a while to get used to the new house, he has moved before but he doesn't remember that as he was only teeny then. I am quite excited now we are nearly sorted, we got most things done today and still have tomorrow with my OH at home so I think we will be done :D xxx

He is probably picking up on the changes but I'm sure once he sees his nice new room and gets over the initial shock of the change then he will love it :) Glad you are nearly sorted and I hope you have a lovely day with your OH and manage to do something other than packing boxes! :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->