Buddies wanted..TTC#1, cycle #1 after BC

angel11

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I also posted in the main TTC forum, but seeing as this is a brand spanking new one, thought I would hop over here.

I am 25 (one month away from 26) and my DH is 39 (age is just a number :winkwink:)

I have been on BC (Triphasil, then Diane and then Yasmine), for roughly 7 years. Had a double prophylactic mastectomy in December 2009 and now the proud owner of two beautiful silicon boobies with absolutely no feeling in or around them :cry: (but have no regrets for my decision).

I stopped Yasmine on 7 March 2010. Have absolutely no idea when or if I ovulated at all. Have a 27 - 28 day cycle but that was regulated by my Birth control. Had my normal "period/bleeding" on 10 March until 14 March. Been :sex: every 2, maximum 3 days after that. Started having very uncomfortable abdominal pain on and off, since around 18 March as well as the following:

- Nausea
- Tiredness
- frequent urinating
- some breakout on my face
- twitches in my abdomen especially on the left side
- heartburn
- head cold (stuffy, runny nose, watery eyes and lots of sneazing)
- some CM but not really significant amounts
- diarrhea the one day, constipation the next (TMI sorry)
- headaches
- bloated and gassy
- cramping (feels like I am suppose to have my periods for the last week already. Its not unbearably painful, its just uncomfortable).

So if my cycle stays normal, I am supposed to start on 5 - 7 April. Seeing as I have just come off of BC, I know that this might mess my cycle up. I am also not sure whether this pain is due to stopping BC. I couldn't track ovulation. I did however buy a kit to check whether that was the cause of my abdominal pain. So I took a test every day from 22 March. Each day showed up as a faint line that has become lighter up until last night, where it had no line at all.

So I am pretty much confused and I know it is way too early to tell. I have read up on women (on this forum too), that got pregnant on their first month off birth control, but I don't want to get my hopes up. My friend also stopped Yasmine, waited for one month (without having any :sex:, then the 2nd month went for TTC#1, and she got pregnant first time around.

Either way, hoping for someone to join me as a TTC buddy or to share any experience on BC and TTC. Even if you haven't used BC, we can still buddy up, and in so doing, we might be able to keep each other sane during the 2WW :hugs:

I will be your buddy :hugs: . I am now on cycle 5. I was only on bc for a few weeks last summer so I can't help much there but I do know it can take time for your body to adjust. It depends on your cycle on which days to start opk so you will need to start tracking how long your cycle is (mine is 25/26 days). I will use 2/3 opks a day when I know its about time for o. My lp is 12 days so I know when to ecpect the witch. I hope you get your bfp before you figure all this out for yourself!:flower: Or maybe you can try the relaxed approach so you don't go crazy like me every month.:haha:

hey
im 25, 26 in july
have been trying for 8 months now.
your symptoms sounds good and alot of people always say they start off with cold like symptoms that dont normally turn into anything.
so fingers crossed for you xx

Add another TTC #1 Buddy to your list. :) Both myself and my DH are 24 and we have been trying for 4 months now. I am waiting for either AF to arrive or to wait a few more days and test! My period is now officially 2 days late and over the past 3 months it was regular like clockwork every 30 days.

My symptom list is pretty much identical to yours, too! Hopefully we all get our BFPs very very soon!

Fingers crossed & baby dust!

@Leigh7 - Thanks so much. Yay a TTC buddy. I will send you a friend request shortly. Will be posting a journal today and will follow your progress too. Not really sure if there is any other functionality here to "follow" someone other than adding them as a friend? With regards to the relax approach :wacko: - I made the choice that I will take this whole TTC business as relaxed. Obviously...I have failed miserably. Are you using anything else other than OPK?

@starlight11 - Yay...another buddy. I feel much loved :flower: Will be sending you a friend request too. Fingers cross that you get your BFP and that AF stays away!!

@mummy.wannabe - Thanks for the reassurance. The cramping has started a week okay so this makes it more than 2 weeks before AF is suppose to start. Yesterday the cramping was a lot better during the day (seems to be worse at night or when I lie down). So last night me and DH :sex: (sorry if TMI), but I started having abdominal cramping about 10 - 15 minutes after I had an orgasm. I read up on this and apparently this could also be a sign of pregnancy. This morning I had watery clear CM ... lots. So now we wait.

But again...I have turned into a total SS. I am sure that I can imagine things just because I really want them to be there.

Either way, thanks ladies for the responses and I am glad to have found some TTC buddies to share with. Feel free to let me know if you have a journal or so and lets keep in touch. :hugs:

Lots of :dust: to all of you and good luck!!

Can I join too?

I finished a pack of cileste on 9th March, had my usual week off and AF 14th - 17th and didn't start the next pack.

From CM and some spotting I think I may have ovulated last week (!) on CD 9 or 10. I bought OPKs and a BBT but they didn't arrive until afterwards so it was too late to test. So currently I'm in a bit of a no man's land. I might have ovulated but also might not, so I'm testing with an OPK every day just in case I haven't. So far they've all come up negative. I'm also going to do a pregnancy test on Friday which may / may not be DPO 9/10.

I was irregular before I went on the pill and I was on it for 4 years so I have no clue at all what I'll be like now. This is doing my head in!:growlmad:

Of course you can join too! The more the merrier. Yeah from what I have read on the internet, a lot of the symptoms experienced as early pregnancy, can also be because of the pill.

I started taking the pill due to a breakout and then later as contraceptive. So far my skin is OK...but the spots are starting. This was expected as your bodies hormones need to get settled etc. I also had the normal bleeding and based on my cycle on the pill, was suppose to start with ovulation around the 20th. I did tests every day and had faint lines that became lighter and on 25 March, there was no line at all.

So last night, out of fun and for the sake of POAS, I did another OPK and it came out much brighter than the control line. So quite confusing. Either way, made sure we :sex: just in case :winkwink:

I honestly cannot remember if I use to be regular prior to the pills. I think I was but I also think my cycles were along 30 - 35 days as oppose to 27 or 28. I think once you have your next period, you should be able to have a better insight. I decided that If I get my next period then I will seriously do temping, charting etc.

Good luck to you and welcome to the group!!:flower:

I only use opks and thought about tempting but I think I am going to get the clearblue fertility monitor next.

Yeah my body seems to be very confused right now. I did an OPK on 22 March just cos I had these bad stomach cramps. Either way, I did one everyday from 22 - 25 March and the line was faint and went lighter until it was gone on 25 March.

So last night, for fun, I took the OPK again and this time my Test line was much darker than the control line. And now I have weird twinges on my left and right side....very confusing this body of mine.

So not sure If I am ovulating now or not? If nothing happens this month, I will also get the fertility monitor.

Let's hope I don't have too :happydance:

Yeah my body seems to be very confused right now. I did an OPK on 22 March just cos I had these bad stomach cramps. Either way, I did one everyday from 22 - 25 March and the line was faint and went lighter until it was gone on 25 March.

So last night, for fun, I took the OPK again and this time my Test line was much darker than the control line. And now I have weird twinges on my left and right side....very confusing this body of mine.

So not sure If I am ovulating now or not? If nothing happens this month, I will also get the fertility monitor.

Let's hope I don't have too :happydance:

It sounds like you are getting ready to ovulate or doing so at the moment. I would dtd just in case!!

I'd say that you were ovulating or else just about to! Definitely a good time to :sex:

I've been checking my cervix for the last few days and it never really changed then today it's moved higher and is much softer which is a good sign so OH and I are going to DTD today and hopefully the day after tomorrow as well.

Unfortunately OH has rubbish fitness levels so I was tiring him out too much :haha:

I'm on cd 3 so it looks like we're close too!!! I've love to join the support system :)

@Freakycactus - I am quite confused about the whole cervix checking thing. I know my cervix is definitely higher now than the first week after I had my withdrawal bleeding, but I don't seem to have an abundance of CM (sorry TMI). Even whilst on BC, I use to struggle with dryness. Some days thought I do have.

Me and DH :sex:on 27th (without me doing any OPK tests), but then after getting a really positive test on 28th, we did it again just to make sure (it was still fun then), and then last night, I had another OPK positive (not as bright as the first one but still a positive), so hubby had to perform again and hopefully for the next 3 nights. He is always very adventurous and passionate in bed, but....it now seems that that requires a few days of build up. Doing it every day, seems to be a bit of a stretch :winkwink:

I must admit, for the first time since I have met my DH, it actually feels awkward doing it. If that makes any sense. Awkward in the sense that it actually feels like a task to do to be able to have a baby. It feels like exactly what it is - TTC :sex:

Have you done any OPK tests?

@Amber_Lynn822 - welcome aboard!! Are you guys using and OPK or temping or just going with the flow so to speak?

Lots of :dust: to all of you!! and hoping we all get to do the 2WW together.

@Amber_Lynn822 - welcome aboard!! Are you guys using and OPK or temping or just going with the flow so to speak?

Lots of to all of you!! and hoping we all get to do the 2WW together.

We're on Clomid 100mg, days 3-7 (But I've taking on 5-9 because he gave me incorrect info:blush:) Day 10 on taking OPK, last month I used dips sticks, NEVER again. I <3 the clear blue smiley face.

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if I'm doing it right and checking properly :blush:

I'm afraid I can't help about the CM.

I have been doing OPKs but haven't had a positive yet. I'll keep doing them until AF shows or I get a BFP :)

I know what you mean about it feeling like TTC, yesterday for the first time it was natural. OH is on some anti-depressants and they have an impact on his sex drive and ability to 'finish'. Before it wasn't an issue, whenever it happened we'd enjoy it until we were too knackered to carry on whereas now that's not enough, he has to otherwise what's the point. I'm getting too clinical about it, and it's ruining the mood a bit.

Hey Freakycactus

You summed it up perfectly. Clinical! That is exactly how it feels now, and then it basically leaves me with the same feeling then when we had a fight. And I also think this is the main reason why we actually did have a "fight" last night.

And I am actually quite disappointed and discouraged right now.

Will be posting all about this in my journal in a few minutes. (the link is in my signature).

:cry::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->