Buddies

Goodvibes0719

Reaction score
Anyone want to be a pregnancy buddy with me?! I don't know when I"m due yet. I'm assuming sometime in june or july. I have to wait four weeks for me first appointment. This is my third child. And it happened 7 months after my second was born! I know, right? Crazy! :coffee:

I'll be a buddy! I am 4+2 and EDD 6/16/2016!! :cloud9:

I have one DS that will be 5 3/4 when new baby is born. He has been asking for a baby for months now and will be so excited when we tell him his wish has come true!

When do you plan to tell your little ones? Or anyone else for that matter?
Is there anything you want to do differently in this pregnancy? Tell me everything?!

I don't know when we will tell people. I am on both sides right now. I want to tell everyone, and if something bad happens, they'll help us through it. But again, I dont want to be like, "nevermind". So i'm not sure yet. We will tell my daughter after 11 weeks I think. She was so excited about her baby sister. So, I wonder how she will feel about another lol.

And I'm not sure... Good question. Uhm.... Probably shop EARLIER and not have to scramble last minute like we did! That one for sure. Lol. I started buying cloth diapers way too late. I'm going to buy newborn cloth diapers a bit at a time, so I have plenty. My 7 month old is in bigger ones now, so she won't need them. But i'll be on double washing diaper duty lol. Probably also put our baby registry out sooner too. No one bought ANYTHING off our registry. We didn't have many people at our baby shower, either though. We invited a lot, but only like 7 showed. Ah well. And probably do more yoga or exercise during this one. I got lazy with my last two. And it made me feel even crapier.

What do you want to do differently. And when will you tell your son?

I love your baby's name! Aspen is a gorgeous name!

I am really intrigued by the cloth diaper thing, but I don't know if I could do it. We may give it a try, though! They are pretty expensive up front, but I'm sure they pay for themselves after a bit! Do you wash them only with other diapers or in a load with other laundry?

Look at it this way, you are just getting the baby stage out of the way really fast! I will be starting all over again it seems. My son is 5 and super independent and it is great! Now I am going back to the diapers and constant supervision and *GASP* potty training (which was a nightmare with our first!):dohh:

I want to tell everyone NOW! But OH is more like - you never know what is going to happen, don't spill the beans yet. He would rather wait till the end of the first Tri. Even to tell his parents! I want to shout it from the rooftops and have told a couple really trusted girlfriends and my sister.

I want to plan something cute to break the news to the grandparents, but I feel like "it's all been done" and most announcements that I can find are for first-time grandparents. I'm going to have to get creative!:winkwink:

Our first was defo not planned (we got pregnant in college - both really young. Me 19 and OH 21) so people were not thrilled. No one expected us to stay together (we are now just past 6 years together!! :happydance:) and no one expected us to succeed really. Now we have a 3 BR apartment, two cars and send DS to a private school. We proved everyone wrong, so this time I am really excited to do the things that I was embarrassed to do when pregnant with DS. Maybe do maternity pics and progression-by-month/week photos at home!

I want to be a little less lazy this time too and not just eat for the sake of eating. I want to be healthier. A big difference is that this time I am working full time.

I noticed that I forgot a question. I don't really know when to tell DS... he wants this so bad so I am afraid to tell him before we really know things are going to be ok. He would not deal well otherwise, I don't think.

Maybe after the second scan? He also is really bad at keeping secrets and with OH's aversion to telling people that could be a disaster!

How do you think your family will react to your announcement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->