Buddys needed! Obese with PCOS and TTC!

Love2bamummy

Reaction score
Ok, so not the best start I know! My husband and I started ttc in January 2007 but still no luck. I am obese (I hate saying that but must face facts; I am what I am!) with a BMI of 46. It took 9 months after coming off the evil pill Cerazette before I got first af and has now luckily settled down. I visited my GP after nearly a year of ttc who then referred me to gynaecologist for tests etc and was basically told to come back when I'd lost 3-5 stone; needless to say this was most upsetting and really not very helpful at all. After another 6 months I got quite upset in the doctors surgery that they decided to refer me for some different tests and I found out that I'd got PCOS. Not good news, but at least I knew more than I did before. I have been starting to feel very down about the whole ttc thing as I keep thinking is it ever going to happen for me?? Then I stumbled across this website, and had a lump in my throat reading some of the stories from the larger ladies who have succeeded, and have got pregnant which has given me hope once again.

Is there anyone obese with problems ttc out there? :hugs:

I would be lovely to talk to you all, and thank you for letting me ramble on! Lol xx. *****sending lots of baby dust to you all ******

Hiya, I am not sure what my bmi is but I am a uk 24-26. I have a 7 year old daughter who I conceived while the same size as I am now, just before I got pregnant with her the doctordid think I may have PCOS but never confirmed as I then got pregnant. Have been trying to conceive my second with my new partner since August am trying soy-iso this month for the first time happy to chat xxx

Hi there,

This probably won't turn out to be the answer that you want but here goes....... Obviously there are lots of larger ladies who do find it very easy to fall pregnant which is fantastic and lovely for them. The thing is - you are not finding it easy and you can not kid yourself that your weight may not be a factor.

Please don't think I am being mean. I am really quite overweight myself. I started ttc when I was 17 stone. No luck at all, not even a sniff of a BFP. I have decided to face facts and have since lost two stone and I plan to lose more. Still no bfp but I have started ovulating and my doctor is fairly certain that my weight loss has triggered this.

I am sorry if this is not what you want to hear but I think that you should try to lose whilst ttc. It can only benefit you and the baby.

Lots of love and best wishes for your BFP. Fingers crossed we both get what we want.

xxxx

Hi Hun

I am obese too and been TTC since Oct 09. I do have 3 children already, my first was when i was 12.5 stone, second at 13.5 stone and my third at 16 stone. I had lost 1 stone prior to conceiving my third which I think helped.

My problem is that now I weigh almost 19 stone :cry: and just can't seem to shift this weight despite joining the gym and eating healthy it isn't shifting past loosing half a stone.

I had 1 depo shot and for a year after it ended I didn't Ov. I have now Ov twice but this cycle I'm thinking I haven't. I have been to my GP (well a few different GP's at my surgery) at my most recent visit the GP said my DH need to have a sperm test and depending on results they will then treat me as she thinks I may have PCOS as I show some of the symptoms. Anyway DH and I are off to see the GP tomorrow to ask for a SA. Hopefully it won't take to long to arrange and get results etc....

In the mean time I am trying my hardest to do more exercise and eat even more healthy. The looseing weight thing is easy said than done though but dispite the fact I'm not loosing the actual weight I do feel better for doing it :)

Thank you for your posts ladies, much appreciated. I do know I need to lose weight, I'm not clouded by that at all lol. Just easier said than done. I have joined weight watchers yet again, so we'll see how that goes. Ideally I would like to lose weight beforehand, not only to help get pregnant in the first place, but for the losing weight after wards I imagine would be a nightmare. I am ovulating quite regularly, I have some cycles that last over 40 days, but most months I have af as normal.

Butterflydebs; I too am size 24-26! Quick question, what is soy-iso? I've never heard of that? xx

Hope to speak to you all again soon xx

Soy isoflavones are referrered to as natures clomid they help to make you ovulate I beleive I haven't had a strong positive on an opk (ovulation predicter kit) Hoping it gives me stronger eggies also can help ovulate early so fingers crossed, I have yo yoed all my life and find it easy enough to lose weight its keeping it off that is difficult x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->