Budgeting on the food shop

We spend £150 once a week in one big food shop and I have to do it online! If I go into a shop I impulse buy, where as when I am at home I will stick to the meal plan and things we need. That £150 is everything we need in our household ie dog food, cleaning products, hygiene etc not just food.

I also make sure I have eaten before I do it :rofl: or I buy a whole heap of snacky crap :dohh:

Id say about £30-£40 at most as my OH's family are butchers and chefs so we get lots of free food chucked our way lol.

At the moment I live at my mum's and there's seven of us and we usually spend £120ish per week on the food shop, but then they get milk from the milkman, meat from the butcher, and bread from the bakery, so the cost is crazy! And they grow a few veggies too.

On our own we aim for £60 but would love to be able to cut it down, but it's so hard, especially with eating healthily!

We spend £200 a month for 3 of us so £50 ish a week that dosnt include nappies, wipes or formula. I shop around to keep cost low and we have an aldi 10 mins walk from us so buy lots of fruit and veggies there. xxx

Roughly 60 a week including dog for a dog that has a lot of allergies x

I found it brought my cost down a lot by planning meals and making a list. Buying the meats in 3 for £10 and stuff xx

£80.00 a week all in for four of us (teens and adults). That includes toiletries, clothes, food, cleaning etc. We try to stick to just that spend and get it all from Asda and aldi on a sunday. It's all planned out for the week so we know what we will eat and it's all healthy stuff, no processsed etc.

£50 a week from Aldi. Don't buy crisps, sweets or processed food.

We struggle to get it under 70ish and that's with no animals nappies formula cleaning stuff toiletries etc!

My last food shop was £60, but apart from a small top-up it should be enough for 2 weeks. On the run up to Christmas, I tend to buy way more value products and tinned/frozen foods.

Thanks ladies, I spend roughly 120 for four of us that covers food toiletries cleaning stuff nappies I feel better now as sounds like loads but I have to,but for 3 packed lunches too xx

Usually around the £100 mark but that's with £10 forumla :(

£40 a week. But that doesnt include nappy's but it does include wine :blush:

This is my shopping this week its about £45

Tesco Salmon En Croute 370G

Tesco Beef Steak 315G

Tesco British Semi Skimmed Milk 2.272Ltr/4Pints x3

Tesco British Chicken Breast Fillets 350G

Big Dairylea Cheese Spread 300G

Tesco Green Beans 220G

Tesco Chicken & Mushroom Puff Pie 235G

Tesco Everyday Value Beef Mince 750G

Tesco Seasonal New Potatoes Loose

Kitty Campbell Free Range Eggs Box Of 6

Tesco Carrots Loose

Tesco Golden Delicious Apples Min 5 Fruit

Tesco Everyday Value Kitchen Towel 2 Roll

Spring Force Toilet Tissue 9 Roll

Tesco Kids Strawberry 2 In 1 Shampoo 250Ml

Gran Familia Las Primas Rosado 75Cl

Nescafe Azera Latte 108G

Tesco 2 White Garlic Baguettes 338G

Walls 12 Thick Pork Sausages 500G
Walkers Ready Salted Crisps 6X25g

Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps 6X25g

Tesco Everyday Value Rich Tea 300G

Tesco Biryani Cooking Sauce 500G

Tesco Tomato Ketchup Squeezy 460G

Tesco Traditional Mince Pies 6 Pack

Tesco 2 Garlic & Coriander Naan Bread
New York Bakery Red Onion And Chive 4 Pack

Hovis Soft White Medium 800G x2

So with that ill make
a curry with nann
spag bol (i have passta in cupboard)
steak with veg
Salmon with veg
pie with mash and veg
Lasange (ive got pasta sheets and pasata and i make my own white sauce , its just butter milk and flour! )
Toad in the whole

I'll have some sausages left over for next week too. i have some veg left over from last week too to add to this week. I shop online and look at offers and what is cheapest. Like the crisps normal tesco ones are just over a pound but walkers is 2 for £2 so it was cheaper. dont think own brand is always cheapest. My meat is 3 for £10. this is for 2 adults and 2 children. just make sure you use things in your cupboards i have tonnes of cereal and cheese.

Amazing thank you Hun xx

£40 a week. But that doesnt include nappy's but it does include wine :blush:

This is my shopping this week its about £45

Tesco Salmon En Croute 370G

Tesco Beef Steak 315G

Tesco British Semi Skimmed Milk 2.272Ltr/4Pints x3

Tesco British Chicken Breast Fillets 350G

Big Dairylea Cheese Spread 300G

Tesco Green Beans 220G

Tesco Chicken & Mushroom Puff Pie 235G

Tesco Everyday Value Beef Mince 750G

Tesco Seasonal New Potatoes Loose

Kitty Campbell Free Range Eggs Box Of 6

Tesco Carrots Loose

Tesco Golden Delicious Apples Min 5 Fruit

Tesco Everyday Value Kitchen Towel 2 Roll

Spring Force Toilet Tissue 9 Roll

Tesco Kids Strawberry 2 In 1 Shampoo 250Ml

Gran Familia Las Primas Rosado 75Cl

Nescafe Azera Latte 108G

Tesco 2 White Garlic Baguettes 338G

Walls 12 Thick Pork Sausages 500G
Walkers Ready Salted Crisps 6X25g

Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps 6X25g

Tesco Everyday Value Rich Tea 300G

Tesco Biryani Cooking Sauce 500G

Tesco Tomato Ketchup Squeezy 460G

Tesco Traditional Mince Pies 6 Pack

Tesco 2 Garlic & Coriander Naan Bread
New York Bakery Red Onion And Chive 4 Pack

Hovis Soft White Medium 800G x2

So with that ill make
a curry with nann
spag bol (i have passta in cupboard)
steak with veg
Salmon with veg
pie with mash and veg
Lasange (ive got pasta sheets and pasata and i make my own white sauce , its just butter milk and flour! )
Toad in the whole

I'll have some sausages left over for next week too. i have some veg left over from last week too to add to this week. I shop online and look at offers and what is cheapest. Like the crisps normal tesco ones are just over a pound but walkers is 2 for £2 so it was cheaper. dont think own brand is always cheapest. My meat is 3 for £10. this is for 2 adults and 2 children. just make sure you use things in your cupboards i have tonnes of cereal and cheese.

around £40-50 a week and that includes everything (toiletries, cleaning, cat food/litter, nappies)

£200pm so roughly £50 per week, includes £60 on formula and £20 on nappies. If we want sweets and crisps etc at the weekend this comes out of other money and usually spend £10 on a friday for crisps, fizzy juice, ice cream etc soif you add this £240pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->