Build-a-bear...

Shabutie

Mum to Amara & #2 on way
Reaction score
Morning all,

Can anyone answer this for me? ive tried looking online, but couldnt find anything relating to the UK.

I know when you build a bear you can put pre recored noises in the bear, but does anyone know if you can record something yourslef and put it in the bear?

I want to take my dad to one and get him to build one for A, and record him saying he loves her, as he has terminal cancer and I want A to have something from her grandad.

Thanks girls.

xXx

Maybe give them a ring to find out what is needed and if you can do that

this is their website https://www.buildabear.co.uk/

I did one for dh a few years ago and I remember that I had the option of recording something but I went with the heartbeat in the end, I'm sure they still do it :flower:

They used to - when we got engaged Steve bought me a bear and recorded a little message proposing to me again so I could re-live it anytime I wanted :)

i'm sure when we made jakes there was an option to do that.

I'm pretty sure there is but just phone and double check :thumbup:

Thanks guys, couldnt go today as my dad wasnt feeling too well, so I will ring the shop and find out and then go down with him another day.

xXx

They used to let you do that. Not sure about it now.

So sorry to hear about your dad :hugs:

just a thought, the prerecorded msg thing is very tiny, you press a button to record your msg and then when you are happy with it you pull something out so it can't be recorded over, so if your dad isn't well enough to go maybe ring up the shop and explain, im sure you can just purchase one of these and bring it home, then when msg is done go make the bear another day!

Hey hun yeah you can still do this.
Sophie got one recently

Such a lovely idea :)

xx

Just a thought, they are battery operated yes? So if the battery runs out then your dad stops talking?

So why don't you explain the situation in the shop, and get a few voice things, so when the battery runs out you can replace it with a new one.

We got one for LO at Christmas and they didn't have that option so maybe not all the shops do it!

Aw hun, thats an amazing idea...we had one, but be careful as they dont last long...maybe record and buy a couiple and you can re-stuff the bear when it runs out xxx

They offer it on the website it's 5 pound you ring a number to recod your message x

Yes. My daughter has one from the day she was born and OH recorded something.
I think that's a lovely idea. :hugs:

What a lovely idea! :hugs: Another idea too could be to get one of the books you can record someone reading the book. The batteries can be replaced on this easily too. We have a lot of different books here that you can get but not sure about the UK. My father and step-mom did one for Colin as well as his uncle. They are really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->