Bullying at school

Rota

Reaction score
My DD is 8. A few weeks ago she had been having some issues at school with some of the other kids being nasty and pushing her over in the playground etc and had become uphappy about going to school each day. We spoke to her two teachers about this and the issue was resolved so we thought all was well.Our DD was happy to go to school again and her normal bubbly self

Fast forward to last week when DD started acting up again. We asked her what was wrong and it turns out that a group of children are picking on her again.This time they arent pushing her over, they are calling her names such as tramp,saying 'rachael germs' running away and not letting her join in with them. We have both told her that words cannot hurt her, to ignore them and play with other children as these children are obviously not the kind of people you want to be friends with.

DH spoke to one of her teachers and they said that any children were heard to be saying 'mean words' would be kept in at break time. This lasted for one day. Today DD came home and said that its continuing to happen. She told the teachers and they did nothing.

I am furious, i have sat DD down and written a list of the children who are joining in on this and its gutting as it totals 17 children! How can i tell her to play with other children when this is the majority of her class.

She has a bath every night, clean ironed clothes, matching clean socks, clean smart shoes, she even has her own body spray that she wears everyday.

Both myself and DH are going to see the head teacher. I want a copy of the bullying policy, i want an action plan drawn up and signed by the head and both DD teachers explicitly detailing what will be done when these little toads start with the name calling again.

My heart breaks for you and for your daughter. My daughter has been bullied for 4.5 years by the same girl (and her followers) and it is just so devastating. The girl has finally and surprisingly left my daughter's school and gone to another, which is just amazing. However, we are still paying the price now from years of her confidence and self-esteem being destroyed by this piece of crap girl.

All I can say to you is, stay on top of the teachers. Don't accept them just brushing you or your concerns off. It is sooo important to make them deal with this in a way that will make it NOT happen again.

I'm a wreck myself from all that my daughter has been through. She's 13 now. It started when she was 9 at Primary school, and went through Intermediate and for the first half of this year at College.

Please let me know how you get on and just don't give up. Your daughter is way too important and having seen the consequences for myself, if I could turn back time I would have been much tougher on the school where it all began. Good luck. xx

[/QUOTE] Both myself and DH are going to see the head teacher. I want a copy of the bullying policy, i want an action plan drawn up and signed by the head and both DD teachers explicitly detailing what will be done when these little toads start with the name calling again.[/QUOTE]

I hate bullying. I think you and your husband have a very good plan. I would actually do the same thing. I would go as far to ask that a note is given to these girls parents so they are aware of what their children are doing. Tell your daughter to go to the teacher or an adult anytime she feels the other kids are making her feel uncomfortable. No kid has to endure this. :hugs:

This breaks my heart.i can't imagine what I would do if kids were doing this to my dd.
I certainly know that if it were my daughter being a bully I would want to be told and I would take serious action to make sure she never did it to anyone again.have you been able to catch up with the ringleaders parents at all?or maybe ask the school if the parents are being told.often parents can do more than a school would be able to.although then I guess if worry about negative repercussions with the bully taking it out on your daughter for getting in trouble.i would still attempt the parents.

So sorry to hear about this. I was bullied as a child, and my 9 year old son is now going through the same thing. He hates school, and constantly talks about how no one wants to play with him. As much as I've done, I can't make other kids play with him. I just tell him that having one loyal friend (which he does have) is better than having lots of fake friends.

Sounds like you are on the right path. As others have said, just keep on top of the teachers and administration and don't let them brush you off.

hi i dont have any advice, i'm sorry you and your daughter is going through this :(

i found some numbers from the directgov website, hth:

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/parents/yourchildshealthandsafety/worriedabout/dg_10015786
If you have spoken to your child's teachers and school and the bullying doesn't stop, or you are still not happy with the way the school is dealing with it, the following organisations offer support and information:

Parentline Plus helpline: 0808 800 2222 (Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 9.00 pm, Saturday 9.30 am to 5.00 pm, Sunday 10.00 am to 3.00 pm)
Kidscape helpline for parents: 08451 205204 (10.00 am to 4.00 pm)
Anti Bullying Campaign advice line for parents and children: 020 7378 1446 (9.30 am to 5.00 pm)
Advisory Centre for Education (advice for parents and children on all school matters): 0808 800 5793
Children's Legal Centre (free legal advice on all aspects of the law affecting children and young people): 0845 120 2948

you should really talk to the principal IMO.. thats really bad

aww hun ur poor baby girl. I swear i would hit the roof if my kids get bullied. I would storm down to the school. Where do these kids at that age learn that sort of stuff to say nasty things like that

Just to update, we spoke to the head teacher and her deputy. They have taken the list of names that our daughter gave us and they have spoken to each one of these children and then to the classes in general, they even did a teaching session on bullying.

We have a copy of the bullying policy and the action plan that has been drawn up is in effect including if any child is caught being nasty they miss their next break time to 'reflect' on how hurtful their words were.

No further episodes have been reported so far, touch wood :D

aww hun ur poor baby girl. I swear i would hit the roof if my kids get bullied. I would storm down to the school. Where do these kids at that age learn that sort of stuff to say nasty things like that

IMO, kids are jerks because their parents are jerks. I'm from a small town, and my kids go to school with a lot of children that belong to people that I graduated with. It never fails, if my daughter says thay some kid was being mean at school, their parent was a bully when we were little.

Hey, thought i would check in again as a new piece of information has come to light, apparently another girl in DD class was bullied by the same 'gang' of bullies for 18 months and despite her mother going into school and talking to the teacher, head teacher and goveners nothing was done about the situation. Also her daughter told the teachers when my DD was being bullied long before DD told us about the bulllying but the teachers ignored it. This girl is now not returning to the school.

I am furious that another child was bullied for 18 months by the same gang and that the school did nothing even when other children told them that the gang had started on my DD (how many other children have been bullied by this gang?)

Im scared that when school starts this will all start up again. DD is so happy and is back to her normal happy,chirpy,chatty self which is so lovely to see.

Personally if either of my daughters were being bullied i would continue complaining to the school until something was done, there should be a zero tolerance policy where bullying is concerned in all schools.

I think parents are partly to blame as well, i would be absolutely mortified if i was called in to school and told my daughter was being a bully!!! what are these parents doing???

My BIL said the other day actually that he woudl prefer his daughter to be a bully rather than be bullied and will encourage to hit and be mean to others if they are to her .......... i think this is quite alot of parents mentalities............... My daughters are told never to be physical and never to be mean to anyone, i always say treat people how you would want to be treated.

good luck and keep us updated. my heart goes out to your daughter, i hope something is done soon xxx

IMO, kids are jerks because their parents are jerks. I'm from a small town, and my kids go to school with a lot of children that belong to people that I graduated with. It never fails, if my daughter says thay some kid was being mean at school, their parent was a bully when we were little.

I used to get bullied at school alot and it was awful. I always said i will never let that happen to my kids and i also would never allow my kids to bully. Really hope it gets sorted soon hun

Hey, thought i would check in again as a new piece of information has come to light, apparently another girl in DD class was bullied by the same 'gang' of bullies for 18 months and despite her mother going into school and talking to the teacher, head teacher and goveners nothing was done about the situation. Also her daughter told the teachers when my DD was being bullied long before DD told us about the bulllying but the teachers ignored it. This girl is now not returning to the school.

I am furious that another child was bullied for 18 months by the same gang and that the school did nothing even when other children told them that the gang had started on my DD (how many other children have been bullied by this gang?)

Im scared that when school starts this will all start up again. DD is so happy and is back to her normal happy,chirpy,chatty self which is so lovely to see.

If the school is doing nothing and they know about it me personally i would contact the paper

This is one of the reasons that I have chosen to home educate

:hugs:

I am sorry to hear this has been happening and the school not dealing with it properly.... it isn't on. I've been into the school many a time when my son (8) has been picked on - I've had to get other parents to verify what they've seen as well. It's disgusting.

I hope your daughter is OK and that you get some action from the school :flow:

xx

I used to get bullied at school alot and it was awful. I always said i will never let that happen to my kids and i also would never allow my kids to bully. Really hope it gets sorted soon hun

I was also bullied as a child, like you i have vowed never to let my child get bullied or bully! My 2 eldest are 3+4 and next year are going to a martial arts club..i personally believe this sort of thing is a real confidence boost for young kids.

With regards to the school your dd is at op, keep on at them, tell them you want teachers speaking with the little shites parents and you want it stopped immediately! Tell them if they keep on at your daughter you will go to the board of governors, the press and if ever one were to lay a hand on your dd you call the police immediately!

I also agree with what a pp said, kids are only little *******s because their parents are/ were. Its disgusting that so many parents allow this sort of thing to happen!

OP, i really, really hope you can get this matter resolved, it breaks my heart to think of innocent kids being bullied :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->