Bullying!!!!

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
Both of my children are being bullied by the same child at school. Sometimes it is just verbal but I have seen physical bullying right before my very own eyes!!

I used to be an Avon rep and this particular day had to collect my books left out by my customers. It completely did not register with me that the kids may be out in the palyground and one of my customers lived right next to the school.

The kids were playing out as it was lunchtime so I carefully mad my way accross trying not to be spotted. As I did I saw my eldest son being held by a group of boys and this thug was chasing my youngest son. As they spotted me, they let go of him.

I was furious and went to the gate to have a word with one of the dinnerladies. As I was there my sons came up to the gate and were talking to me and the boy who is the bully (called Vegas!!) thumped my eldest son really hard in the back. So hard it winded him!

I shouted out to the dinnerlady and she just said it would be sorted out and wandered off again!

Today when I went to pick my children up I found my eldest up a tree having stones thrown at him by this bully while his mother stood and watched! All she had to say was sorry!

I told her that her son was a bully and that she needed t sort him out soon because if it carrie don I was going to the authorities!.

I am seriously considering taking my children out of the school. I don't want to do this but I feel nothing is being done about this child's behaviour and it is not just my children that he affects.

Who do I contact if I feel that the matter is not being dealt with by the school?

Thanks for reading, sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest. I am feeling very angry with the whole situation!:growlmad:

Sorry you are having a tough time with this.
Your first point of call should be the headteacher it is her responsibility to keep your children safe whilst at school. The school should have an anti bullying policy in place. What a nightmare Mother! Says it all really nightmare kids too.

yea the above poster is right. you need to set up an emergency meeting with the headteacher and your son's teachers straight away to sound out how unhappy you are about this. It shouldnt be happening and the school need to be made aware of this. From my experience of dinner ladies, they just havent got the rights to disipline a child like a head teacher can so therefore 9 times out of ten they just end up telling the kid to move on. then inevitably the kid comes back for his target when the dinner lady isnt looking.

Regarding your sons'. are they the sort that cry when this happens? or are they the sort that will turn around and stick up for themselves after taking so much.

My friends son when he started secondary school was picked on something chronic. Most of the lads in his class just took an instant dislike to him and he used to come home with torn clothes and everything. My friend had countless meetings and also had "word" with some of the parents to no avail. In the end, it was her son who sorted it out. He turned around and punched one of them to the ground and said ok now i had enough, this is the last time your gona do this. and they never did it again. now they are all friends:wacko:

Its very distressful for you knowing your babies are going through this and all you want to do is protect them from the world.

Maybe some defence classes might help. anyway just a few ideas for you. hope it gets better soon.:hugs:

I t has been mentioned to the teachers of both of my children and the headteacher is aware of the problem.

I know what you say about sticking up for themselves and there does come a time when you have to say enough is enough but I know that if my children were to retaliate then I can just see them being the ones in trouble!

Both of my children are quite feisty, just like myself, and they are not mard. I have just taught them that violence is not the way to solve anything.

The trouble is my youngest son is quite small as he is the youngest in his class and the boy who bullies him, who is in his class, is a lot bigger than him. Then you get my elder son coming along sticking up for his brother and if he did hit the bully them he would be in serious trouble.

I know other parents have voiced their concerns over him and he also has siblings at the school who are also trouble makers so they are aware of what is going on.

My husband is going to see the headmistress tomorrow morning and hopefully try and sort it out. Personally, I think he needs to be in a school for children with special needs as he doesnt seem to have all his chairs at home, if you know what I mean!!

I really sympathize with your situation. Do you think it might be helpful to have a chat with the other parents you know of who have a problem with the bully and possibly sign a petition or have a group meeting with the teachers or something, to possibly highlight the seriousness of the issue? The pressure should be put on the parents of the bully to sort out their behavior, or it should be -them- that leaves the school, not you or anyone else. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->