Bullying :(

sjb1985

Mummy to 2 lovely Rugrats
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I dont post in here often as im over in baby club most of the time but i could really do with some advice.

My son is 4 and is a VERY sensetive little boy. He started school in September and really enjoys it most of the time. He's made a big group of friends and from what the teachers have told me is quite popular in his class.

Last week when he was getting undressed i noticed he had loads of little bruises on both legs. It came out that one boy in his class who is quite a bit bigger than him pushes him to the floor at lunchtime and sits on him, pinning his arms down and then kicks him. His friends try to help him but after chatting to a few of the other mums it seems like a lot of them have had run-ins with this boy and are scared of him.

I told Jamie to go straight to a teacher when he does it but he said that the boy follows him and tells him not to tell, and Jamie being Jamie wont argue back or stand up for himself and just does what the boy tells him.

I spoke to his teachers about it last week and they have asked the dinner ladies to keep an eye on him in the playground, and ive also told Jamie that if the boy tells him not to tell on him to ignore him and go straight to the teacher.

Things seemed a bit better this week and he said the boy has been nice to him but he told me this morning that he's scared the boy is going to fight him.

Its obviously worrying him a lot more than he lets on as he has had a massive flair up of excema since all this started and im at a loss of how i can help him more. Its heartbreaking to know that one little kid is spoiling all the fun he previously had at school :cry:

Sorry its so long, thanks for getting this far :flower:

xx

I personally would of gone down there and kicked the little *bleep* up the bottom.

okay no i wouldnt of, but seriously they need to be doing more than just keeping an eye on this boy. He is leaving bruises.

have they spoken to the boy? to his parents? what else are they going to do?

x x x

I agree that this needs more than just 'keeping an eye on the situation'.

Personally, I'd be going in again and daying that, as your son is still scared then, as far as you're concerned it hasn't been dealt with effectively. If they haven't already shown you ask to see a copy of the school's anti-bullying policy. If this boy can't be trusted to deal with his peers appropriately he ought to be kept in at lunch/breaktimes until he can.

You can also ask the school if they run a 'buddy system' or similar. This could pair your boy up with another child (probably one larger and more confident than he is!) and that could make the bully more wary.

Keep a note of all instances involving the boy as the teachers will need to know whether it's a one-off incident or, as seems likely from what you've said, sustained bullying. if it's the latter then they really need to be doing a lot more!

how awful for your little boy

if it was my lo i would go back and speak to the head my oh would want to speak to the parents to but depending what there like that might not help him

fo him to be so upset his exzema has flarred is awful i would be looking at other schools for him if the boy is bullying like this at this age then it will only get worse and the school dont seem to bothered by it x

i would club together with the other mums whose kids have had run-ins with this boy and get the teacher to sit down with you and the boys parent to do something about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->