Bum Genius 3.0 and cloth diapering

Sakura-chan

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Firstly, really sorry if any of these questions have been addressed before- I tried to read through most of the info on this site and elsewhere but still have questions.

My bub is due Dec 13 and we just found out it`s a boy- excuse my signature I know it is wrong! We live in Japan but I am Australian (hub is Japanese though)

I am still debating the whole cloth vs disposables thing and going back and forth back and forth and still no closer to a decision it seems.

I have my eye on the bum genius 3.0 one size diapers (which I can not get here but could order from an Aussie site and have them sent to my mum who could send them over) but would like to hear from those that have used them before.

Chances are my baby is going to be bigger than the average Japanese baby and I was wondering if I will have issues finding clothes to fit over these diapers? Also, we do not have a dryer and live in an apartment building so I will have to hang them out on the balcony and hope for the best when drying them. There is no way we are getting a dryer as we do not have space. It seems you have to wash them 2-3 times each time as well, is this true? Our washing machine only washes in cold water (this is the norm in Japan).

I have read that some people have had issues with smells with these diapers too- is it the inserts that have these issues? Is this a big deal? Is it easy to get rid of? I am not going to want to have to deal with smelly cloth diapers every week or two even after they are washed.

Okay, those are my questions so far- any advice would be much appreciated!

:howdy:

hey hun! congrats on your blue baby!:blue:i use bg's and really rate them!! imo they are the best type you can get if you dont have a dryer! tho i would buy a few more than you need incase you dont get them dry in time!

as for clothes i have no problem fitting daisys normal clothes over any of her nappies - the vests are a little stretched now tho - but you can buy vest extenders so this doesnt happen! - daisy was 7lb 4 oz born, still wears newborn and tiny baby clothes and i can still get all over or around her nappies!

as for smells i have no problems so far !! i dry pail with tea tree oil and wash at around 40 degrees - every now n then i ido a 60 degree wash sorry cant help on the cold washing tho?? maybe someone else can help tho???

hope this helped a little !!!

:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

Bumgenius are really good, I find their organic all in ones are trimmer fitting though. So if you think that might be a problem you may want to go with those. They are also one size so should fit through potty training. I did just disposables with my first 2 and cloth with my 3rd and I prefer cloth completely, I would def give it a try

You may find you have to put a clothing size that's larger than your bubs' age group. Hard to say! That's the thing with baby clothes, they all fit differently.

In one brand, Claire (who is a week shy of turning 8 months old) wears 12- 18month clothing. In another, she still fits (with room to spare) in the 3 month size. I don't think you'll have to worry much, I use the Bumgenius diapers and they fit under pretty much everything, with the exception of a certain brand's jeans.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->