Bum Genius Questions

toseland13

Reaction score
Morning lovely ladies,

I have been looking and seen a few people use Bum Genius all in ones?

where do you buy them from? i found them in mothercare but that was it and they didnt have sizes on them :wacko:

also do people use them from birth? i have tots bots and was told they are better for the night as they are quite bulky.

What are the other types of Bum Genius and what is the difference?

also when people say they want pockets? what do they mean?:blush:

sorry im just very new to all this and have been persuaded by my husband and his MIL to go re-usables.

any help on them would be great.:hugs:

pockets mean there is a piece of material and another pioece of material sewn together and a hole is left at the top and this hole is used to make a pocket for inserts, they dry sooo quickly, i make all of mine out of fleece inner and outer and they are pretty much dry when i take them out of the washer!!!

i dont know about all the different bg tbh but i know that loads of people here have them, as to where you can find them, look at jacqui's post, she has loads in there

x

I use BG AIOs Organics during the day, and I absolutely love them. They are different to pockets in that they are all one piece, there is no stuffing of them, no inserts and no wrap. You can buy them from most nappy websites:

www.green-me.co.uk
www.babipur.co.uk
www.fill-your-pants.com

You can use them from birth, and they fit right up to potty training as they are one size.

:)

Also, I don't use the BG AIOs for night time as they prob would not last through the night. I use Pop Ins, which are fab. :)

All in ones are just that, all in one piece. Pockets are ones where you have to take out the stuffing to wash them and then re-stuff them for use. You won't find a size on them as they are one size and will last from birth to potty training. That said, they were pretty bulky on Jack when we first tried them, they fit and didn't leak or anything, but he did look a bit like a weeble in them lol! He really grew into them by about 2 months old.

I use Bum Genius pockets, they dry quickly on the line or in the machine and are really easy to use. I just re-stuff them after they're dry so they're all ready to go when needed. They last through the night too.

I got mine from Mothercare online, if you buy in bulk you save money and they do different coloured sets. We got the "boy" set (one white, two blue, two green) and a set of 5 yellow. They do sets of about 15 too I think.

Morning lovely ladies,

I have been looking and seen a few people use Bum Genius all in ones?

where do you buy them from? i found them in mothercare but that was it and they didnt have sizes on them :wacko:

also do people use them from birth? i have tots bots and was told they are better for the night as they are quite bulky.

What are the other types of Bum Genius and what is the difference?

also when people say they want pockets? what do they mean?:blush:

sorry im just very new to all this and have been persuaded by my husband and his MIL to go re-usables.

any help on them would be great.:hugs:

Apologies if I repeat anyone.
I got mine from thenappylady.co.uk and got a 5% discount as they gave me a recommendation first. They are birth to potty but birth is something like 8lb so if you're baby is little like mine was they won't fit straight away. BG also do some organic bamboo ones I think. Version 3.0 is the newest one. They come in lots of lovely colours, ours were white, yellow and green as they are the ones thenappylady had in stock.

I really like them and have used them since Byron was about a month or so. Bumgenius have their own website if you want to see the range.

What they said :D

Altho, you can get sized pockets that mean the nappies aren't so bulky, Fuzzi Bunz for example :) Bumgenius All In Ones and Itti Bittis (altho technically all in 2s, not pockets - their inserts are not stuufed, just poppered on the inside of the "shell") can also be sized and they are what I use :D

Also don't buy from Mothercare, you can get all nappies waaaay cheaper online :)

Also, I don't use the BG AIOs for night time as they prob would not last through the night. I use Pop Ins, which are fab. :)

i've been looking at both bumgenius and pop-ins, i've heard that the bamboo pop-ins last much longer than the bumgenius, but is there a reason you don't solely use pop-ins ? i was thinking of having bumgenius for the day and pop-ins for night, but then wondered if i might as well just have pop-ins for all the time ?

The problem with the pop-in is how long it takes to dry. My BG take less than 2 hours in the machine or on the line in summer, whereas the pop-in takes over 3 hours in the machine and still needs airing afterwards to be completely dry. I wouldn't want to guess how long they might take to line dry. For 24/7 cloth you really need some quick drying nappies or be prepared to spend an entire day laundering them.

i've been looking at both bumgenius and pop-ins, i've heard that the bamboo pop-ins last much longer than the bumgenius, but is there a reason you don't solely use pop-ins ? i was thinking of having bumgenius for the day and pop-ins for night, but then wondered if i might as well just have pop-ins for all the time ?

For me it is not the drying time so much, as I do one nappy wash every other day and dry them all together in the tumble dryer. I use BG's during the day as I find them a much slimmer fit and with them being AIO I find them very easy to take out and about, compared with having to pop all the bits together and having them roaming about my bag!

I would say Pop Ins all the time are fine, if you are planning on tumble drying them. Mine take no longer to dry than my BG AIOs.

I used to have trouble getting trouser for Freya to fit over her nappy, but with the BG AIOs it is fine. :D

I would say Pop Ins all the time are fine, if you are planning on tumble drying them. Mine take no longer to dry than my BG AIOs.

That's a fair point, I use BG pockets, which dry much quicker than AIOs :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->