• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bumbleebeexo's Wedding Journal!

bumblebeexo

Reaction score
We have set a date! We weren't sure when to get married, but the date we have booked is the 24th of August 2013!
We were meant to get married last year, but I fell pregnant and my due date was the week before the wedding! She ended up being late, so if we had kept the original date she'd have been 2 days old.. No thanks! :haha:

- We have booked a lovely local hotel for the whole thing! We have a package, so that covers a room to use for the marriage, a three course meal for guests, a room for evening entertainment, a bar and a night in the honeymoon suite!
- We are keeping the numbers for the ceremony low. We are having parents, siblings, grandparents, my uncle and 2 close family friends. Altogether it's only around 24 people which is what we want, I'm not one for enjoying being centre of attention!
- We're having a big wedding reception, around 150 people. We've booked a band for the night, and the hotel are doing a supper which is soup and sandwiches for the evening guests.
- My dress is bought! It's simple, but I like it.
- Bridesmaids dresses are half-bought.. One had to be returned for a bigger size, and is now out of stock, so we have to wait for it to come back in! :dohh:
- Family friend is making wedding cake.

We still need to..
- Book to get hair done (I am in the process of doing this though!)
- Get groom/best man suits.
- Get invitations.
- Get flowergirl dress.
- Arrange flowers.
- Arrange transport.

You're doing pretty well so far :) What about rings? I noticed they aren't on your list! I'm also having a small wedding (around 50 are invited to the day, relatively small in terms of wedding sizes) and I am bloody TERRIFIED at the thought of standing up there speaking infront of everyone - I've warned OH I will spend my day either laughing or crying :)
But yey for getting married this year, and soon! :) Good Luck with the rest of your plans - have fun :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->