**Bumbo Seats Recalled In US After Injuries**

mummylanning

craving pineapple!
Reaction score
My husband read and sent this to me as I was thinking of getting a bumbo for when LO can sit up.

Thought i would pass it on.

At least 50 incidents involving the Bumbo seats have been reported in the US since 2007 and according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), 19 incidents included skull fractures.

In all of those 50 cases, the babies fell while the moulded-foam seat was on a raised surface.

There have been another 34 reports of infants hurt while the one-piece seat was on a floor or an unknown elevation. Of these, two babies suffered fractured skulls.

Bumbo International Trust has voluntarily withdrawn four million of the seats in the US and 340,000 in Canada, authorities have said.

In 2007, the South African-based company recalled a million seats so it could add a sticker to the front of the seat warning against using it on elevated surfaces.

The seats are popular in the UK but Trading Standards has confirmed that there is no alert or recall in place in Britain or elsewhere in the EU.

In a statement, the Bumbo manufacturer said consumers should stop using the product until they install a free repair kit, which includes a restraining belt and a new warning sticker.

Bumbo has also confirmed that it would be offering a free safety restraint in all countries where the seat is sold.

The seats were made in South Africa and sold at Babies R Us, Sears, Target Corp, Toys R Us, USA Babies, Walmart and other stores and online sellers. They were sold from August 2003 through August 2012 for between $30 (£19) and $50 (£32).

Everyone I know with a baby (lots of ladies) has a Bumbo!! Thanks for posting so I can tell them! :hugs:

I have got a bumbo seat for LO and it doesn't have a sticker or safety harness. When LO is in his bumbo he is never on an elevated surface and is never unsupervised. Thanks for the info though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->