Bumbo seats!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Worth it?

I'm getting Moo a walker & see people mention the bumbos - is buying both worth while girls?

x

I'm not a mommy yet! But I work at a daycare and we have them in our infant room and they are awesome! I would totally recommend them!

Oh hun - congrats :cloud9:

Great to see your ticker x

I am lost without Bumbo these days (Bethanie climbs out) but I think they are a really great idea, you can feed them in it, we used to sit ours in the bathroom whilst we went in the shower, you can also buy a tray to go on the front.

Def recommend. :)

Thanks Tilly :D

- Think positive BrittBS :cloud9: Hard not to sit on pins I'm sure (I know) but try x

I had one for Nathan and he always seemed so bored in it and wasn't happy in it. I prefered to feed him in my arms at 1st then in his highchair so I didn't even use mine for that :|

Some babies do like them though so it might be worth getting one and see if she likes it and if not you could just sell on ebay :)

please ladies be carefull with those bumbo seats, there has been a recall on them in Oct of o7. Babies tend to arch there backs when they are in this seat and fall out of the bumbo seat, which can cause serious head injuries.

please ladies be carefull with those bumbo seats, there has been a recall on them in Oct of o7. Babies tend to arch there backs when they are in this seat and fall out of the bumbo seat, which can cause serious head injuries.

Thanks for that info as I went looking but seems stupidity is the course maybe from parent maybe from teh company for not placing better safety instructions with the product!

"New warnings and instructions are to be provided to consumers."

"If the seat is placed on a table, countertop, chair, or other elevated surface, young children can arch their backs, flip out of the Bumbo seat, and falling onto the floor."

https://hubpages.com/hub/Bumbo-Seat-Recall

"Consumers should never use the infant seat on a table, countertop, chair, or other elevated surface, the agency warns.

It adds that consumers can contact Bumbo to obtain warning label stickers and instructions, free of charge. The new warning label will state: "WARNING -- Prevent Falls; Never use on any elevated surface."

https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/200...oeppen/main3406743.shtml?source=mostpop_story

Jack loved his, i would really recomend it, espesially as you can buy a tray now for it
I got mine from Ebay and sols it on again when he started climbing out and made £10 on it!! :lol:

I would try and borrow one first if you can.

I would have lent you the one we have but its a friends (so not really my place to go borrowing) plus I told her I'd pass it back before we move!

Noah was ok for a couple of weeks but then all of a sudden he nearly done a backwards flip out of it! Really frightened me.....looked like he was going to snap!! Never been in it again!

Some babies like them some don't, think its one of those things! I think they are pretty expensive for what they are too!

Wobbs, if you wanted to borrow one to try I have one here you can use.

I think they're generally pretty good. A fellow twin Mummy bought a couple off ebay and only paid £5 or £10 for them. £30 is a lot for a new one I think.

I saw your posting about the safety advice but everyone eventually ends up sticking them on top of a table or something to feed them. You just can't take your eyes off them for a second.

They're great for those moments when you're thinking "I really wish you could sit up on your own for 5 minutes so I can drink my tea".

I have one it was bought by her grandma for christmas.. .I was unsure when to start using it.. It just says from when LO can hold their head up alone, which Olivia can so have only just started using it.. not for long periods of time but she seems to like it... I just give her a few toys whilst she is sat in it and she loves it..

I have some cracking photo's ill work out how to put them on the comp from my phone & post them

x

Charlie loved hers, to me it was money well spent, gutted I sold it, will have to buy a new one now!
I think they love 'em or hate 'em

Thanks for that info as I went looking but seems stupidity is the course maybe from parent maybe from teh company for not placing better safety instructions with the product!

"New warnings and instructions are to be provided to consumers."

"If the seat is placed on a table, countertop, chair, or other elevated surface, young children can arch their backs, flip out of the Bumbo seat, and falling onto the floor."

https://hubpages.com/hub/Bumbo-Seat-Recall

"Consumers should never use the infant seat on a table, countertop, chair, or other elevated surface, the agency warns.

It adds that consumers can contact Bumbo to obtain warning label stickers and instructions, free of charge. The new warning label will state: "WARNING -- Prevent Falls; Never use on any elevated surface."

https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/200...oeppen/main3406743.shtml?source=mostpop_story

I never found this to be a problem ^^ but as they get stronger they do start to have the odd flip out and try to escape, but as long as you're near (which I always was), NEVER under any circumstances leave them unattended, or on a raised surface.. I don't think there can be much of a problem. It's like anything really, everyone seems to love highchairs, but I can't stand them and don't think they're particularly "safe".

Simon has one but never really seems to enjoy being in it. It's like he just wants to bend forward to grab stuff, his feet or just get out. I'm considering buying the tray so he can keep a few toys on it. I looked forward to using it at our local pool which has a long slight slop so he could get his feet wet and still play with trinkets. For those whose kids liked the Bumbo, what did they do in them? Maybe I'm using it wrong...

I would put Bethanie in it whilst I was in the shower, id give her a toy to hold as we weren't aware of the tray when we used it. Also used it for feeding her and for if we were cleaning and just needed a place to sit her for a little while. They do say not to leave them in it for too long though (forgot how long) but Bethanie was never in it for longer than 20mins or so.

Tilly, you're right. They do say to use for 15 minutes or so because it does work on posture.

Here's Simon in his. That's when he first discovered his feet. It was just hilarious!!!

Attachments

• bumbo.jpg
    bumbo.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 11
Seems it depends on baby rather than info then ....

Might give it a go! What with the walker, door bouncer, bumbo and goodness knows I need a bank loan! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->