BumGenius Nappies

WelshTiddler

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
First time I have every posted but would really appreciate you advice. It is 10years since I had my daughter and would really love to use cloth. I am attracted to the Bumgenius V4.
1.I would like your opinion on this make. I will be buy a full set as I get £75.00 off the council.
2. what accessories I need eg linners and boosters and quantities.
3.where can i get custom nappies from.

Many Thanks

There's a nappy review thread at the top of this page to get different peoples reviews on different nappies, it may be a good idea to get a few different types of nappys to start with to see which works best for you and your baby as even the most expensive nappies can not get a good fit, it really is trial and error. A good place to start if you would like to buy preloved to just get a feel is the nappy swap and sell on here on the nappytree( different website) and then when you find what works you could get the whole set. Also if you search "weenotions" you'll find a great custom site- can't wait till I know gender so I can get ordering on there!

P.s wish my council done that!
P.p.s any experianced cloth bum mums feel free to correct me if I got any of that wrong! x

missy it sounds like you got that mostly right

a good way to find what works for you is to organize a nappy trial to see what you prefer, if you used to use Terrys and plastic wraps you might find a 2 part nappy to be more comfortable for you to use like the bumgenius Flips or Prefolds with wraps or even Bamboo terrysquares with wool wraps ( see Little Pants for that last one )

personally im enjoying fuzzibunz pockets and prefolds at the moment as they are easy to use and to dry lol and because my fuzzibunz are sized then i can get the best fit on both boys without constantly adjusting the snaps for different sizes lol.

I love my Bumgenius. They are fab. very reliable, dry fast, etc. However I found that they were a little bulky on a newborn. I wouldn't recommend buying a full set as you might find they don't suit your baby or you might get addicted to fluff!!!! and want pretty patterns etc... (i am talking from experience there).

you might want to hang on a little longer if your fancying the Bumgenius though - they're releasing prints soon!!

I love my bg but I do have a mixture of nappys for different occasions, I wouldn't like all the same if that makes sense?

There's also a lady on facebook, poshbugs who makes fab custom nappies!

For customs, Weenotions is always our first port of call!

BGs are fab, I prefer the V3 for now as Aplix is far better for us than poppers at the moment, and also, we have some smalls as well as BTP which have been brilliant when IJP has been so small. They still fit her now at 8 weeks and we have plenty of room left in them. We tend to use the BTP ones as her night nappies as they keep her dry and it doesn't matter that they are bulkier.

I would get one or two of each nappy you want to try, we had some Ittis, BGs, WNs, Cushies Tushies, BBOS, BBSS, Issy Bears, Tots Bots and a mix of poppers and aplix and within a couple of weeks, we worked out what we liked and didn't so sold some and bought more.

xxx

Thanks this has been very helpful. I am on a mission to stock up on different ones now before little one is born. I have even put them on my christmas wish list. Think the family think I have a strange fetish. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->