Bumgenius - to AIO or to pocket?

mummy_mi

~*Mum to Chloe*~
Reaction score
Okay so can ppl tell me which they use if they use BG and what are the major pros and cons pls?

I guess AIO's take longer to dry but are less fussing around around at changing time.

Pockets I guess are a little cheaper and can be bulked up for more absorbancy at nighttime?

Also, I'm looking to exclusively use cloth, so how many is good to have if I did use AIO and would wash every other day?

I'm clueless lol but I am swaying towards AIO, especially since they are on 3 for 2 on fill your pants! Hope the offer is on till after xmas tho!

Thanks again ladies, your wealth of experience and knowledge is fab! I hope one day I can be a cloth guru helping out newbies to cloth!

xx

Oh and P.S. I think I prefer the poppers to velco as I assume they last longer, I've seen mostely AIO with poppers and pockets with velcro but have seen some the other way round. Are the poppers newer or better, as the popper AIO's are 17 quid but the velcro 14 quid on fill your pants. Which kind does everyone else prefer?

It also mentions on fill your pants for the velcro AIO's 'If extra absorbency is required, these new All in Ones have an additional pocket feature to allow an extra insert to be stuffed inside- bonus!' but I cant see this mentioned on the popper ones, help!

Hi, I use the Organic AIO. You seem to know the main pros and cons - drying time - being able to boost pockets etc.

I use a different nappy for night time, as there is now way an AIO would last that long for us. I know princessellie puts extra padding underneath the layers on hers and uses it at night, so maybe that would work for you too, don't know.

We have about 14, and wash every other day, obv that's with using a different kind of nappy at night.

All mine are poppers, I don't think you can get the organic AIO's with velcro, but I prefer poppers anyway, mine still look new after all these months. Also when they get older they start being able to undo the velcro!

I would highly recommend the AIOs, but then I know there are loads of ladies on here who would do the same for the pockets!

I think you are going to get a good nappy whichever you choose, which is nice to know!

I wish I had bought mine when they had the offer on!

thanks for the info, I deff want the Bumgenius ones, not only because they look so cute but because I've only ever read things about them!

I'm thinking I am going to get the organic poppered AIO's but would just like to hear some more pros for the pockets before I make my call, make use the pocket BG's at night with extra boosters?

I guess AIO's take longer to dry but are less fussing around around at changing time.

I think most people stuff the pocket in advance of changing time - I do mine when they've been washed & dried, because yes it'd be a faff when baby is waiting. Once stuffed they go on like an AIO. I always have a couple ready to go for when AE is fussy (he is usually happy and relaxed about nappy time, but not guaranteed!).

The BG pockets DO dry really quickly, it'd be worth having a few in your stash I think. But the velcro does get tatty looking quite quickly, which is a shame.

I have found my BG AIOs dry very quickly anyway...is that just me? Obviously Im just on the prewashing stage but the BG AIOs are the quickest drying of ALL my AIOs and dry almost as quickly as the Onelife etc ones (that are one layer of cotton with fasten in boosters, so even thinner than pocket nappies) Ive experimented drying them in various ways and without doubt even on a rack at least 6ft from a radiator in a 20m square kitchen the BG AIO's are dry overnight.

I'm clueless lol but I am swaying towards AIO, especially since they are on 3 for 2 on fill your pants! Hope the offer is on till after xmas tho!

Oooooo, thanks for the heads up on that. Now I don't know what to do. I'm thinking BGs (either AIO in V3) will probably be our main nappy, but was planning on just getting one or two to try out before investing in more. But this seems like too good a bargain to miss. Now I'm torn. Have any of you had a bad experience with them, finding they just didn't work for your baby? :shrug: I'm thinking I should get 6 while I've got the chance to get them cheaper...but it seems risky...

Oooooo, thanks for the heads up on that. Now I don't know what to do. I'm thinking BGs (either AIO in V3) will probably be our main nappy, but was planning on just getting one or two to try out before investing in more. But this seems like too good a bargain to miss. Now I'm torn. Have any of you had a bad experience with them, finding they just didn't work for your baby? :shrug: I'm thinking I should get 6 while I've got the chance to get them cheaper...but it seems risky...

Yeah I'm thinking of getting 6 to start with, but I guess if they dont suit Chloe then the resale on preloved BG's are still pretty good.

I've emailed them to ask if the offer is on after xmas as I'm broke atm!!

I prefer the fitted AIO because I hated stuffing the pocketed ones. The new BG fitted AIO, do have a pocket feature in so you can put an extra liner in for nights.

I only use pocket diapers now. The AIO take WAY too long to dry and if you use a clothesline in the nice weather you would be leaving them to dry for days. Pockets dry much quicker and I stuff them after they are dry so they are all ready for use.

I only use pocket diapers now. The AIO take WAY too long to dry and if you use a clothesline in the nice weather you would be leaving them to dry for days. Pockets dry much quicker and I stuff them after they are dry so they are all ready for use.

Do I have different BG AIO's or something?? Mine come out the washing machine practically dry, am I assuming this will change after more use perhaps?

I love my pocket diapers, usually don't like AIO...BumGenius is the exception. I use to LOVE BG pockets but they start to have major stink problems...I've heard from many ladies that have had the same issues...though not everyone does. But I love their organic aio...they don't take any longer to dry since the inserts are sewn inside under layers, they are on top so they dry quicker than most AIO. Here they sell them with both velcro and snaps but I prefer the snaps...and you can't get the pockets in snaps yet :( But out of those two I would def recommend the BumGenius organic aio

I've read that people have trouble getting runny poo out of all the layers of the AIO. Any truth in this?

that would make sense mary jo... because with the pocket diapers and the inserts, they get the agitation from the washing machine, and I would think an AIO wouldnt get the agitation in the center layers???

I've read that people have trouble getting runny poo out of all the layers of the AIO. Any truth in this?

I haven't had that issue at all...I have noticed they stain easier it seems, but nothing actually getting caught or anything, it's fully clean just a bit of staining. But I also spray them off so they don't go into the washer with much on them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->