Bummer, please help!!

Mummyjohnson

Reaction score
I'm so annoyed with myself. My daughter is 14 months, and we didn't decide to have another until two months ago after a surprise pregnancy that ended in misscarriage.
Anyway just before DD turned one, I got rid of all her baby stuff. Lots of it I sold and didn't lose anything ..however I found out at the time that my neighbour was expecting, so I gave her ALL my maternity things plus other things like steriliser, bottle warmer, baby swing, expresser, tens machine etc -saying please don't get rid, because I'll want them back at some point when we have a baby in the future.

Anyhow she found out I am pregnant and sent me a messsage offering to bring me back 'just a couple of the things' that she can't fit into. I replied being polite saying thank you and don't worry about giving me EVERYTHING back, because my hubby has offered to get me some new things. Big mistake, hubby has since told me he can't afford to buy another wardrobe of maternity, and would be even more reluctant, knowing they're only next door and someone else is using them. He's not annoyed with me, but thinks despite what I said, neighbour should offer to give back whatever I may need.
I'm not sure what to do, I've put a couple of hints about needing maternity clothes on facebook (because I resemble a bloated water bomb!), to no response and over a week has past, with nothing returned. I don't know whether I should directly say anything, or just forget about it and re-buy it all, because it's my mistake. What do you think girls? Thanks x x x

I would ask for it back....I let someone use my stuff but she refused to return it since she got attached to it and since I have no no sentimal things now from my other pregnancies. I would just get it back before its too late and she won't give you anything back!!

What she refused to return it? :( What did you do to get it back then? x x

Sadly I did not and I don't want to see someone else go through it...please just tell her you need them back ..I would hate to see someone else lose their sentimentals:(

Oh no, thats terrible. I really don't know how to go about it because I realise I should have never given them away in the first place now. She's five months ahead of me in pregnancy, so maybe I should just wait till she's had her baby and say can I have my maternity things back now please? ?

Or ask her whatever she is done with if you could please have it back. Thats what I would do!!

Ok I'll do that. I think thats terrible they didn't give you back what was yours. That's totally out of order!!! xx

It was and I was so sad about it and to this day i have a hard time thinking about it. oh well I can't change the past but I can certainly help someone change their future before the same thing happens:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->