Bump buddy, due 5th August, 30 weeks pregnant

Jodie.82

"Earth & Angel mama"
Reaction score
Hi i´m looking for a bump buddy to share the experience with as I have moved out to Peru where my boyfriend is from and i´m finding the time difference to the UK hard to keep in touch with friends at home, plus I want to share pregnancy issues! I´m having a home water birth and the midwife care is very laidback and relaxed so it would be nice to have other expectant mums to talk to :hi:

Hi hun I'm due on August 4th with a little boy :D Wow, what's Peru like?

Hi Sequeena! how is your pregnancy going?
ooh exciting I just read your due date and thought ooh thats not long then I realised its the same as me! :blush: pregnancy brain!!
Peru is amazing.... beautiful and stunning and so relaxed where we live in the andes mountains. But this also means its like another world to home, England! Im a London girl and adjusting to mountain life! Im missing the stability of the NHS!
how often are your midwife appointments at the moment and what happens in each of them?

Hi Sequeena! how is your pregnancy going?
ooh exciting I just read your due date and thought ooh thats not long then I realised its the same as me! :blush: pregnancy brain!!
Peru is amazing.... beautiful and stunning and so relaxed where we live in the andes mountains. But this also means its like another world to home, England! Im a London girl and adjusting to mountain life! Im missing the stability of the NHS!
how often are your midwife appointments at the moment and what happens in each of them?

Haha it's not long at all now is it?? I remember getting my :bfp: and thinking 'August is aaaages away!!' :wacko:

Peru sounds beautiful!! What's the healthcare like over there? Do you have to pay?

I've had an up and down pregnancy. Morning sickness from 6-16 weeks. My waters broke at 14 weeks and rehealed at 24 weeks. I was having weekly scans but since 20 weeks I have had them monthly which is nice :thumbup: I've got a lot of pelvic/ligament pain but I think that's normal to have now we're getting to the end! Also my morning sickness seems to be coming back :sick: yuck!! How about you?

I saw my midwife first at 6 weeks then 12, 16, 25, 28 and I'll see her on Thursday at 31 weeks. She checks my urine, blood pressure, goes over any questions I have, listens to baby's heartbeat and recently she started measuring the fundal height. What's your midwife like?

No not long at all! I found out 12th December and August felt like forever away!

well... its very divided. Yes you have to pay for anything and everything.... my Rhesus D injection is going to cost us 350 US dollars! so that basically means that the Lima city people go to good hospitals and all seem to get elected or emergency c sections, there is no promotion for natural birth amoungst them! And then the mountain people where we live all have their babies at home mostly unassisted! I am having a home water birth with a midwife who charges the people who can afford to pay, I.e us and then does births for the mountain ladies for free which is amazing to contribute to!

wow that must have been terrifying for your waters to break! I didnt know they could reseal! I spent the first 15 weeks barely able to eat anything, I felt sick all day every day and any smell of food made me want to throw up, although I never did, which I think was actually worse! I went back to england for 6 weeks and put on nearly 2 stone which was obviously needed as everyone said I looked ill! Now I feel fab and if it wasnt for my crazy kickboxing baby I would forget I was pregnant.....ive just started waddling a bit though ha ha!

my midwife is amazing, very into natural therapies etc but the problem is she is away until 1st July when I will be 35 weeks so Im not having any of those things checked and im starting to worry a bit about it!

Oh wow a home waterbirth I would love one but this being my first I'm too scared too! If all goes well I'll go to my local midwife led unit and have a waterbirth there. It's a compromise :lol:

It's lovely that your midwife offers her services for free to those who can't afford them but OMG $350 for an anti D injection? That's very expensive!! Mind you I was told in the UK a normal birth can cost £5000 so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised :wacko:

I waddle every so often, mostly when my back hurts!! As for your midwife being away is there no-one else? If not then I would try not to worry as long as you don't have any pain/bleeding etc. everything with baby should be fine!

My baby is really active too lol but his movements have changed. It's not so much kicks and punches anymore, but I can feel every movement he makes, it must be because there's so little room left for him!

I´m a bit scared too! but very excited that it should hopefully be an amazing experience. But no I wouldnt have had a home birth for my first as everything is just too unexpected! yes you should try for that though as water birthing sounds amazing

I know, she is an amazing lady! she has been here in Peru doing that for 25 years, she´s from Germany. I know its mad isnt it, my OH nearly fell off his chair when he found out about the injection! wow really thats mad!

have you been suffering with back pain then? im starting to get uncomfortable at night a bit trying to sleep! well there are other ladies who do similar but not sure how i´d go about just seeing them while my MW is away...

oh bless I keep thinking that he must be getting really squished in there now!

I mostly get back pain if I'm bending up and down for too long (e.g. putting washing out) or have been walking about for too long. Nevermind, not long now and our LOs will be here!!

Do you have a number you can ring? It's probably best to ask just to put your mind at rest xx

yes not long at all it will be all worth the wait!
I will ask OH to get on the case :)

haha! he´s very good, he gets involved! plus its his country and im a bit lost so he has to take a lead role, plus the language barrier is hard at times as my spanish is terrible so I reply on him!

I forgot they speak another language :dohh: :rofl: you'll soon pick it up though! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->