Bump buddy due end of April/early May, over 30, baby#1

lnza10 - I had a few betas done, at 15 DPO=144, 17DPO = 453 and then 22DPO was 5,780. My doctor said that the numbers individually are not that important but instead how quickly the numbers increase.. They should go up every 36-72 hours I think! Maybe ask your doc for another one??
Starlight- welcome!! My due date is April 23 and in same boat as you and and Christinapo.. sore boobs and cramping and tired.. No morning sickness yet.
How are you guys all feeling? When are you first ultrasounds? Mine is in two days and really nervous but also excited..

Very excited for you @petey!!! Hope the ultrasound goes well. Have no idea when my doc will schedule an ultrasound for me, so we'll see.

So I'm starting to feel a little nauseated. No sickness yet, but definitely queasy.
DH and I went for dinner to celebrate and I ordered cod... Big mistake. As soon as it was put in front of me, this crazy wave of naseua overwhelmed me! My considerate DH ended up switching dinner and I got to eat his yummy steak since I couldn't even touch the fish.

Soooooo much poo trapped in my belly!!!! Sorry, TMI, all I can say is constipation is the worst! Ugh. I actually got upset with my man this morning when he came out of the bathroom. He had slept soundly all night, while I tossed and turned with gas and cramps, then he got to have a #2. I was furious. It was actually funny in retrospect, but I really was mad. He really couldn't think of anything to say, he looked at me in that - oh god is this the crazy pregnancy stuff I've heard about - way.

I think I might have to cut out dairy. I've added fiber, been drinking water (which of course adds to the constant need to pee) and don't want to take pills, but I might have to. Any of you going through this?

As the wedding is coming up in less than two weeks, I'm worried I'm going to have to let out the dress for the bloat of the 'poo baby' that looks to be about second trimester.

Again, sorry for the TMI, just had to vent SOMETHING, since there is so much I can't seem to expel from myself ;-)

Christinapo - Thanks for the well wishes.. Hope your nausea is not too bad! I have been sort of the same as you, my stomach is off for sure and i get little moments where I feel nauseous but then it goes away.. but I usually LOVE fish, cod, halibut, salmon etc. and I have wanted NOTHING to do with it this last week. We'll see how long that lasts! Your hubby is super sweet for switching meals with you! I will have to remember that in case it happens to me ;)

Lnza10 - Sorry to hear about the constipation (and the tantrum at your hubby although I am sure he will get used to it ;) Having been a huge sufferer of constipation before being pregnant, I know a few remedies that should really help.. 1) Warm prune juice.. 100% juice, not the mixed stuff. Have a few servings a day for a few days.
OR 2) This one takes a little more work but maybe worth it for wedding day - For breakfast, or any meal really.. make a fruit smoothie with GROUND FLAX SEED... put water 1 to 2 cups, 2 or 3 tablespoons of ground flax seed (can find it at most grocery stores), 1 or 2 pieces of fruit/berries and a few big pieces of any kind of lettuce (romaine, spinach) or if you can tolerate.. If not, leave out the lettuce (although I swear you won't taste it!) You can also add soy milk, regular milk, rice milk etc if water doesn't do it. Mix it in a blender, add sweetner if you need.. Drink this once a day every day for a few days and I promise it will get things moving in there!

Ok ladies.. Dr. appointment tomorrow (Wed) at 12:30, my first scan so I will let you guys know how it goes! So far still just sore boobs, tired, very mild upset stomach and emotional for sure!

Hi girls,

Just to let you know.. I had my ultrasound yesterday, 6 weeks 2 days, and we saw and heard the heartbeat! 120bpm, measuring at 6 weeks 1 day so all looked good. It was truly amazing to see and hear the little heart.. I was in tears.. Go back in two weeks for a follow up. Hopefully all will go well then too.

Hope you guys are feeling good!

Wow petey!!! That must of been amazing to see the heart beat!!! Can't wait for that!

Oh my gawd inza, I started to experience the same thing just yesterday. I've had constipation before but never like this!!! Last night I swear my body was giving me a prequel to giving birth. So much pain, lot of pushing, even had to resort to some breathing exercises! :wacko: :blush: tmi!

At the end nothing was happening and I had to resort to glycerin suppositories. Even with those I still had a hard time, but finally got through it.

Petey thanks for that info... Those remedies sound like they taste awful, but at this point I think I'm desperate and I want to make sure I'm taking safest route. Wish inza and I luck!

My OB told me I could take either aloe vera juice or over the counter Colace pills twice a day. I started the colace and omg, what a relief, I can't even explain how much better I feel. Woohoo. It's a stool softener not a laxative, so it just made things easier to move.

Hi ladies, new symptom for me started today. I woke up at 5am this morning with sharp pains in my abdomen. Got a little worried and felt them sparatically throughout the day. So of course felt very worried... But I've read that it's very normal at 5 weeks.

Apparently it's the uterus stretching to get ready for baby. So that made me feel better. Basically as long as the pain is bearable and there is no bleeding, then I should be fine.

Anyone else getting this?

CHristinapo - I saw your post and had to respond immediately because I had the EXACT same thing on Wednesday and freaked. I actually had it one day about a week ago too, right around 5 weeks. It was sort of a sharp stabbing pain in the same spot..lower left abdomen. It would come and go for few minutes and then stop for maybe 20 minutes, and then start again.. All day! I asked my dr. about it when I saw him on Wed and he said as long as there is no bleeding, it is nothing to worry about.

But I agree, it is totally scary and unsettling..But for me it only lasted those two separate days and didn't continue.

Hope that helps a little!

Lnza10 - Glad to hear the Colax is working for you! I know how brutal constipation is... (and painful!!) I sometimes felt like I went up two pant sizes when I was really constipated from everything stuck in there.. Sorry TMI!

Petey, thanks for that! Today it's gone. I just feel bloated around my uterus area now, but no stabbing pains. It's funny because the pain was in the exact spot for me, lower left abdomen. Continuously in the same spot.

Anyhow ladies, have any of you heard the trick of beating naseau by eating a couple of saltiness before getting out of bed? Well, it's working for me. I've been feeling queasy in the mornings, but noticed I felt better after having a waffle. So I started doing the 2 saltiness in bed and no more queasiness... Well for now anyway. Just wanted to share that info!

Hey everyone! I'm totally new to this birth board stuff and not sure how to join groups. I'm 25, this is #2 for me (my son is turning 7 this month) and I just got my BFP on the 31st! I am 4 weeks 5 days today! Due May 6th 2012. I would love to talk to more women who are due around the same time as me! I went through
My first pregnancy all alone so it would be really nice to have someone to talk to :)

Hey ladies! Any new updates??? So I went to the doctor today and ran my first batch of prenatal tests. My doc says that so far everything looks good and it appears to be that I'm in good health.

We tried to hear the heartbeat with a Doppler but my doc said it's very rare to hear anything at just 7 weeks... And we heard nothing. I'm sure we'll something in next months checkup. So what about you guys?

Hey ladies!
DianeM- Welcome to the group and congrats on the pregnancy... We are all first time preggers as well so we can hopefully help each other out!

Christinapo- Glad to hear the dr. visit went well! Did you get an ultrasound or just blood work and the Doppler? Sounds like everything is going well though.. How is the nausea?

My nausea started about 2 weeks ago ,and the saltines in bed definitely helps... although my stomach is just OFF all day.. Sometimes I wake up in the night feeling really sick and start eating crackers.. haha.. Other than that, I still feel pretty fatigued, get weird sharp pains in my abdomen every now and then and my boobs are getting pretty big!!

Hope you guys are feeling ok!

Any of you guys have really sore boobs but now they are not as sore???

Hey Petey! Yeah the nausea has kicked, still no vomit though thank goodness! But some crazy nausea where it's so bad sometimes I don't know what to eat... I'm turned off by everything! Im also starting to get sick of crackers.

My MIL made some chicken soup and that seemed to help a bit. So I'm sticking to that for now.

My BBs hurt more a few weeks ago. They're still very tender and sensitive, but not as painful. Funny though, DH said that he's noticed they're firmer now.

Christina- It sounds like we are having the exact same type of symptoms.. The only thing I really ever want to eat is soup as its the only thing that seems appealing! CHicken noodle and tomato soup have been the sure winners these past two weeks! Oh and of course those crackers which I am getting sick of.
Had my second ultrasound today which went well.. Measuring at 8 weeks, 6 days and the heart beat was 182bpm! He said that wasn't too high for where I am in my pregnancy and that it is totally normal but of course I find a reason to stress! But I guess I should just be happy that all is going well in there ;)

Have you been feeling really tired at all? I literally want to pass out at work in the afternoon...

How are the rest of the ladies? I think we may have lost you guys to your weddings/honeymoons! Hope all is well.

Petey I think you're right! The other ladies must all be wrapped up with their wedding/honeymoons.

I also feel really tired. I'm normally a night owl and now I wake up early and am dying to be in bed around 10 pm... Which is pretty early for me. At work I have to be "on" to do my job properly, but when I take a break, that's when I feel how tired I am.

How is everyone doing?

Update for me... Finally heard the HB last week. Pretty exciting. And next week going for the 1st US. Woohooo!

Told the family. I bought onesies that said I love gramma & grammpa. They loved it!
What are your guys' stories on how you told the family.

For work, on Halloween I'm going as a baker and on my apron it will say bun in the oven. Thought it would be a cute way to surprise everyone.

Hi all, glad to hear things are going well. I'm about to hit 14weeks and the all day sickness finally ended last weekend. At our 12 week checkup everything looked great, still haven't heard the heartbeat, but I've been thinking about using a doppler to hear it at home.

Right now it's just a countdown to finding out the gender in early December, so hard to wait! Any of you having a hard time waiting?

Hi all, glad to hear things are going well. I'm about to hit 14weeks and the all day sickness finally ended last weekend. At our 12 week checkup everything looked great, still haven't heard the heartbeat, but I've been thinking about using a doppler to hear it at home.

Right now it's just a countdown to finding out the gender in early December, so hard to wait! Any of you having a hard time waiting?

I'm not going to find out the sex. When I scheduled my 2nd ultrasound, they asked if I wanted to know the sex. I told her no and she said I was one of the rare ones who wanted to keep it a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->