bump envy

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by aflight84, Apr 8, 2009.

1. aflight84

aflight84 Mummy to a princess x

Hey Girls,
    Anyone happen to know a cure for bump envy? I'm really suffering today and I hate it! ARGH

2. Mrs_N

Mrs_N New mummy

nope no, cure sorry, just wanted to let you know you are not alone in having bump envy! :hugs:

3. aflight84

OMG some days are so hard when i was told i could be loosing my baby i was put in what i call the bump room it's just the EPU waiting room but i was surrounded by happy smiling pregnant women and ever since then my bump envy has gone through the roof! ARGH

4. Lyrah

Lyrah Mummy to my beautiful H<3

I'm with you babe :hugs::hugs:

5. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

God, I know what you mean! When I went for my scan, I was sitting in a room with loads of heavily pregnant women. When I came out from my scan knowing I'd lost my little baby, I had to walk past them all and there was a young couple there arguing with each other! I remember just thinking how lucky they were to be having a baby when I'd just lost mine, especially as they were probably arguing over something pointless!

The only positive thing I can think of about not having a bump is... at least our clothes still fit :rofl:

6. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

I know exactly what you mean, I'm off work this week for easter hols and watching the chavs and scruffs on Jeremy Kyle who were arguing over who's the father of my child and moaning about being pregnant, made me sooooo mad. There's all of us on here wanting to conceive so much and these useless chavs only have to drop their knickers to get pregnant!!!!

7. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

Oh I was doing the same today with the 'women' on that show... made me soooo annoyed!! How do they manage to get pregnant so easily????

As for bump envy, yep! big time.. i find myself staring at womens bumps on the bus and longingly looking at babies in shopping trolleys.

8. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

Tell me about it! I'm sure I'm going to get taken away for looking at babies and small children and smiling at them when I'm out shopping! Jeremy Kyle has a lot to answer for! So glad I work then I don't have to watch it every day!!! I'm going to stop now before i begin to rant too much!

9. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

god, i know what you mean. jeremy kyle watched it when a girl was pregnant as soon as she gave birth and didnt know who the father was. god its sooooooo annoying.

when decent people like us cant have wat we want and they get everything!!!!!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

my way to get over it is to punch a punch bag...bloody bumps :cry:

10. KatieKat

KatieKat Active Member

I agree with this comment it is soo frustrating to see! :hissy:
    I get terrible 'bump envy' almost every time i see one :blush:
    Katie x

11. DiddyDons

DiddyDons Guest

If anyone knows...let me know

12. Naaxi

Naaxi 2 little raggamuffins

I hear yah... I work at a local sex toy shop and one day, between my breaks walking around the mall and the pregnant women coming into my store- I started counting and I kidd you not- 39 VERY pregnant women, no less than 7 months waddled in to view.

13. aflight84

OMG i'm so glad i posted this. I know it's a very tender subject but glad to know i'm not the only one struggling! I think PMA is the only way to beat bump envy who's with me!? x x x

14. MonkeyFeet

MonkeyFeet Pregnant after ICSI

Absolutely! I saw a woman this morning with the most perfect bump and I was so jealous, I have been since way before starting TTC.

15. bababas

bababas Well-Known Member

Im guilty too... I feel bad when I get a little jelous. Im not that kind of person, im a nice person. I try to remind myself that I will have one soon, and to be happy for the other person. Then I just imagine myself having one, then I start smiling again... oooo.

16. aflight84

ok then girls Team PMA is already set up so come join us!

17. ohmybabybump.

ohmybabybump. mommy to nalani <3

i definitely get bump envy, and it seems like every where i go someone is pregnant. it's so annoying and saddening for me, and i haven't even been trying that long. i can't imagine how it must make you ladies who've been trying for longer times feel.

18. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

sorry to sound thick what's team pma stand for?!!! :)

19. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

yeah i guilty of it sadly!!

Pma = positive mental attitude!! xx

20. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

haha! of course! sorry its been a long day of retail therapy that's preventing my brain working!