Bump envy..?

Peanut112

Reaction score
I love my little bump. It's just that, to me it's big but it's dainty.. If that even makes sense lol. I'm quite proud of my little bump.

… and then someone goes on about how tiny I still am.
…... or even better, they tell me I'm not pregnant because when they were however many weeks, they were huge.
Then I get all sorts of upset :haha: I can't help it. It's not like I even want a HUGE bump, but it's bound to grow a lot more anyways. Before getting pregnant I had abs, so now my belly is just solid and I'm not gaining extra weight (knock on wood)

My stepsister is a week behind me and she's on her 4th kid. This is my first. But she's super competitive with this after finding out I was pregnant and a week ahead of her.. and she HAS to mention that my bump is so small, and she's so huge… EVERY time.

I dunno :shrug: It's just irritating. We all grow at our own rates.

Attachments

• 13494944_10208499724704642_4675812652287278041_n.jpg
    13494944_10208499724704642_4675812652287278041_n.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 27
I think you look good ;) try not to let it bother you. I'm sure if she is huge every time she feels a bit jealous of your smaller bump, which is why she always has to try and knock you for iT.

Your bump is gorgeous! Wear it proud! Yay!

Ugh why do people have to say the silliest things:dohh: You can't compare someone's bump size to what you had, everyone has a different way of carrying and sizes can vary. So many things determine how you carry, including height, weight and even genetics. I'd take strangers' and acquiantances' comments with a grain of salt and pretty much just smile and ignore it.

Your stepsister sounds a bit jealous if you ask me. I wouldn't get into a confrontation and feed into it. I'd probably just laugh it off and just change the subject. Let her compete and don't participate or contribute to it. Hopefully she'll tire of it once she sees you're not interested in playing her games. If not, just let her and ignore it. The sad thing is, she may continue once your kids are born:dohh: But yeah, don't take the bait and just let her make herself look like an idiot.

I totally agree with Kat
Sounds like jealousy.
Rise above and just focus on u and ur bumpie
Not hers xxx

I WISH I had a small bump. This is my fourth and I'm massive, AND MISERABLE. I can't bend, breathe, heartburn is a nightmare, the list is endless. I wish I had my nice small neat bump I had with my first baby!

Sounds to me like she's jealous. I know I am!!

:hugs:

You look fabulous! You may feel small but definitely look pregnant.

I carried my dd very small and now at 14 wks with the twins I'm smaller than a lot of women who are 14 wks with singletons (and I'm very petite!)

I relate to the insecurity. If people weren't making comments about how tiny you are, they'd be commenting on how huge you are. I used to get the tiny/huge comments in the same day from different people!

Try to enjoy that baby bump while you can!

Everyone has an opinion about pregnancy, and feel they can offer it!!!

I'm 25 weeks, and feel huge (3rd child) and people keep saying helpful things like "are you sure there's only 1 in there?!". So I reply, through gritted teeth, "Yes, definitely only 1!".

You don't look small to me for 23 weeks! You look great! I'm also 23 weeks and I'm no bigger, some people still can't even tell. Unless I've eaten too much and they I look like a whale.

Ugh yes!! People do that to me too!!! I'm naturally thin so my bump gets those remarks all the time. Like uhm hello who said to be pregnant
Means I have to blow up like a fricken balloon?? Body shaming is true in many forms and people have no right. I'm sorry. I totally feel you on this one

I think you look great! I was similar size with my first at about 24 weeks. I got huge. So I got the opposite comments in the third tri :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->